Failing OF build for windows ans visual studio

I have an addon that is tested against windows. Environment: platform=x86, BUILDER=MSYS2 works smoothly, but Environment: platform=x86, BUILDER=VS, BITS=32 and Environment: platform=x86, BUILDER=VS, BITS=64
gives me this error:

[notice ] -----------------------------------------------
[notice ] setting OF path to: C:\projects\openFrameworks
[notice ] from PG_OF_PATH environment variable
[notice ] target platform is: vs
[notice ] updating project C:\projects\openFrameworks\addons\ofxSpaceColonization\example-ofxenvelope
[notice ] parsing addons.make
[notice ] saving addons.make
[notice ] project updated!
[notice ] -----------------------------------------------
1 project updated [notice ] in -142.985 seconds
cd %OF_PATH%
scripts\ci\addons\build.cmd
Microsoft ® Build Engine version 14.0.25420.1
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(57,5): error MSB8020: The build tools for v141 (Platform Toolset = ‘v141’) cannot be found. To build using the v141 build tools, please install v141 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting “Retarget solution”. [C:\projects\openFrameworks\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\project\vs\openframeworksLib.vcxproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(57,5): error MSB8020: The build tools for v141 (Platform Toolset = ‘v141’) cannot be found. To build using the v141 build tools, please install v141 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting “Retarget solution”. [C:\projects\openFrameworks\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\project\vs\openframeworksLib.vcxproj]
Command exited with code 1

The version of OF that is being downloaded is http://ci.openframeworks.cc/libs/openFrameworksLibs_master_vs2017_64_1.zip

go to properties and change the platform toolset to the one is installed

Which “properties”? I do not have visual studio, I’m running the windows build on appveyor

It seems that the current OF for Visual Studio is broken. I’m also facing several issues.

The download_libs is trying to download a zip file that does not exist.

and if fixing that:
ssleay lib is not found:

Severity Code Description Project File Line
Error LNK1104 cannot open file ‘ssleay32MD.lib’ exampleSimple g:\gitTest\test5\Demo\exampleSimple\LINK 1
1 Like

Oh i see… I’m on Visual Studio… i can fix it on the project file… I dont know about appveyor sorry.

Yes there’s a problem with poco /openssl at the moment with the current libraries, i’m in the middle of fixing it right now

1 Like

I could confirm that it has been fixed. Thank you so much @arturo.

It has been fixed in the packaged version just or in master?

I checked master only.

yes should be fixed now in master and the nightlies

Ok, I will test it too.