FaceSubstitution help

Hi, Is it possible to have an animated image used with FaceSubstitution instead of the standard .png or .jpeg?

What exactly are you asking. Are you substituting faces during live video or are you trying to feed in an image and make it into an image sequence with animated faces?

i’m trying to achieve something similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em-8Qxr4Kf4

I’d like to put an animation over someones mouth that is a live feed if that makes sense?

entirely doable. The video you linked to uses @kylemcdonald’s ofxFaceTracker and there are various ways of handling the animated image. You could convert it to a movie or I think you can just load an animated image like a .gif into the ofVideoPlayer. There are also several threads on here about using alpha with a video player so that not everything is just a box floating over the person’s mouth. I think it depends on the system you are using but in short, yes its possible to do.

Thank you for the reply. I’m still quite new to open frameworks, how exactly would i get the video to follow the mouth?

Hi, I still haven’t figured out how to get a video to follow the mouth. Any help would be really really really appreciated.

Without having much experience with racetracker, you would want to find the center point of the mouth, have your animation or effect placed on the screen, and then push/translate/pop the animation in draw() as the center of the mouth is moving. You will definitely want to cover the basics of dealing with matrices and stuff first.