Errors With Poco on Code::blocks without MinGW Bundle

Hello
I just downloaded the 0.6 release and I’m having a lot of trouble building it on Code::Blocks. Just a little background, I’m on Windows 7, I installed MinGW using an installer found here http://sourceforge.net/projects/xlw/files/ That installed it to C:\GNU\MinGW. I downloaded the additional code::blocks files and put them in their respective directories. I then tried to build graphicsExample but I got the error

'exit' is not a member of 'std'  

that was solved by adding
#include
as described in this post http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/small-corrections-for-gcc-4.4/3093/0

But after cleaning and trying to rebuild the solution I get the following error

||Warning: .drectve -defaultlib:LIBCMT ' unrecognized| ||Warning: .drectve-defaultlib:OLDNAMES ’ unrecognized|
||Warning: .drectve -defaultlib:LIBCMT ' unrecognized| ||Warning: .drectve-defaultlib:OLDNAMES ’ unrecognized|
||Warning: .drectve -defaultlib:uuid.lib ' unrecognized| ||Warning: .drectve-defaultlib:uuid.lib ’ unrecognized|
||Warning: .drectve /DEFAULTLIB:"LIBC" /DEFAULTLIB:"OLDNAMES" ' unrecognized| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x100)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x122)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x16f)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x18d)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Unregister'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x1b6)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x1d8)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x225)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x243)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Unregister'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x275)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x297)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x3e5)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x3f0)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Unregister'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x423)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x445)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x593)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x59e)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Unregister'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x5d1)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x5f3)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x702)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x719)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Unregister'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x74b)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x76d)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x87c)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x893)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Unregister'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x8c5)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x8e7)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xa17)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xa28)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Unregister'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xa5b)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xa7d)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xbad)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xbbe)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Unregister'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xbeb)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xc0d)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xcd8)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xd16)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Unregister'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xd43)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xd65)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xe30)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xe6e)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Unregister'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xe9b)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xebd)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xf88)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0xfd1)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Unregister'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x1086)||undefined reference to__gxx_personality_sj0’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x10a8)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Register'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x10fa)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x11f5)||undefined reference to \_Unwind\_SjLj\_Resume'| ..\..\..\libs\poco\lib\win\_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x121d)||undefined reference to_Unwind_SjLj_Resume’|
…\libs\poco\lib\win_cb\libPocoFoundationmt.a(Exception.o):Exception.cpp:(.text+0x1228)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister’|
||More errors follow but not being shown.|
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options…|
||=== Build finished: 50 errors, 17 warnings ===|

I can build this example in VS2008 and it runs fine. I’ll use that for now, but I would prefer to use code::blocks. I’m hoping someone recognizes this error.

Thanks.
Pete

you should install CB with mingw, not use a seperate mingw installer – the reason is, that way we know which mingw version you are using. look to download:

codeblocks-8.02mingw-setup.exe

then, you need to be sure to follow step “e” here:

http://www.openframeworks.cc/setup/codeblocks

finally, since you have mingw already installed, the compiler might auto pick it up wrong and not choose the mingw that comes with CB.

note: if you have already installed dev-c++, make sure that CB picks the right mingw folder (c:/program files/cb/mingw), it has a tendancy to default to c:/mingw, where devc++ installs
more info on this

http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/starting-afresh-on-codeblocks/793/0

you’ll need to check that

settings -> compiler -> toolchain executables

for what it says for mingw, for example mine says:

“C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW”

if it uses the other mingw, it might be give the problems you see now.

hope this helps,
zach

Thanks Zach. I thought that if I put the additional files in the right place and made sure the code::blocks was pointing at the 4.4 compiler I’d be fine. Apparently not.

As an added bonus to anyone reading this thread, after I installed code::blocks with MinGW I thought I copied the support files in properly, but because I’m logged in as a non-admin, Windows 7 prompted me for an admin account/password. The dialogue box appeared stating that the files were being copied, but they actually weren’t. Turns out Windows 7 needs you to actually be in the admin account to copy into (x86 Program Files)

Just thought I’d toss that in.

Hello guys, long time listener, first time caller.

This may be slightly off thread, but Its so close I figured I should keep it here rather than open a new one.

Been using oF a bunch in OSX, and its running great. Trying to get Code::Blocks running on Windows 7 to make some windows’ compatible versions of my projects.

I went through the guides, installing CB with MingGW, added the appropriate includes and bin additions, per instructions. Downloaded the newest oF 0061, but when opening any of the examples, even the most simple, I am getting a lot of errors finding all dependencies. I’ve found a few threads on the forum regarding this, but all of the fixes have already been implemented in the newest build of the 0061 FAT download.

Below are a couple screenshots of the errors. Much of Poco cannot be found, as well as dependencies related to ofEvents. Anyone have an idea on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

hello

the very same problem occurs on new installed windowsXP on my new imac. Is this a Mac/Bootcamp/Snow Leopard issue? on my laptop, also with osx10.4/windowsXP its running fine.

greetings ascorbin