errors compilng emptyExample()

Hi everyone, I am new with oF. I have CB v 10.05 and oF preRelease v0062 (Windows Vista 64bits)
I installed oF following all the steps, I copied the include and lib folders contents into MinGw include and lib folders.
I compiled openFramework proyect (release/debug).

After that I tried to compile the emptyExample, and here are the errors.
Any idea? I need to put something in search and linker paths?
Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

kovicic

…\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofUtils.o):ofUtils.cpp|| undefined reference to std::ostream& std::ostream::\_M\_insert<double>(double)'| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win\_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofUtils.o):ofUtils.cpp|| undefined reference tostd::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits >&, char const*, int)’|
…\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofUtils.o):ofUtils.cpp|| undefined reference to std::ctype<char>::\_M\_widen\_init() const'| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win\_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofSoundStream.o):ofSoundStream.cpp|| undefined reference tostd::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits >&, char const*, int)’|
…\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofSoundStream.o):ofSoundStream.cpp|| undefined reference to std::basic\_ostream<char, std::char\_traits<char> >& std::\_\_ostream\_insert<char, std::char\_traits<char> >(std::basic\_ostream<char, std::char\_traits<char> >&, char const\*, int)'| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win\_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofSoundStream.o):ofSoundStream.cpp|| undefined reference tostd::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits >&, char const*, int)’|
…\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofSoundStream.o):ofSoundStream.cpp|| undefined reference to std::basic\_ostream<char, std::char\_traits<char> >& std::\_\_ostream\_insert<char, std::char\_traits<char> >(std::basic\_ostream<char, std::char\_traits<char> >&, char const\*, int)'| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win\_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofSoundStream.o):ofSoundStream.cpp|| undefined reference tostd::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits >&, char const*, int)’|
…\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofSoundStream.o):ofSoundStream.cpp|| more undefined references to std::basic\_ostream<char, std::char\_traits<char> >& std::\_\_ostream\_insert<char, std::char\_traits<char> >(std::basic\_ostream<char, std::char\_traits<char> >&, char const\*, int)' follow| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win\_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofSoundStream.o):ofSoundStream.cpp|| undefined reference tostd::ostream& std::ostream::_M_insert(unsigned long)’|
…\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofSoundStream.o):ofSoundStream.cpp|| undefined reference to std::ostream& std::ostream::\_M\_insert<unsigned long>(unsigned long)'| ..\..\..\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win\_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofSoundStream.o):ofSoundStream.cpp|| undefined reference tostd::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits >&, char const*, int)’|
…\libs\openFrameworksCompiled\lib\win_cb\openFrameworks.lib(ofSoundStream.o):ofSoundStream.cpp|| undefined reference to `std::ctype::_M_widen_init() const’|
||=== Build finished: 17 errors, 2485 warnings ===|

You need to find a way for your compiler to know about the std library. Do you have it installed? Does your IDE have a “link with standard libraries” option?

that error usually happens when you have an older version of codeblocks, try uninstalling completely codeblocks and installing 10.05 again. also if you had any other version of mingw uninstall it too. then install codeblocks 10.05 with mingw.