Errors compiling ofxAxisGrabber

hello all,
i’m trying to compile ofxAxisGrabber’s example on os x and i get this error below;
i downloaded a zip from github and put it here:

/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/openFrameworks 0.8.3/addons/ofxAxisGrabber-master/example

i’m running “make” from inside the example folder;
it seems that it’s not finding the main ofx libs, eventhough they are placed in the right place.

any ideas?

jizbookpro:example ali$ pwd
/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/openFrameworks/addons/ofxAxisGrabber/example
jizbookpro:example ali$ make
Compiling OF library for Release
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `ReleaseABI’.
Done!

Compiling Soft for Release
Compiling src/main.cpp
c++ -c -Os -stdlib=libstdc++ -Wall -fexceptions -march=native -mtune=native -finline-functions -arch i386 -fpascal-strings -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk -F/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks -mmacosx-version-min=10.8 -fasm-blocks -funroll-loops -mssse3 -fmessage-length=0 -D__MACOSX_CORE__ -I./src -I…/…/…/addons/ofxAxisGrabber/src -I…/…/…/addons/ofxHttpUtils/src -I…/…/…/addons/ofxGui/src -I…/…/…/libs/FreeImage/include -I…/…/…/libs/cairo/include -I…/…/…/libs/cairo/include/cairo -I…/…/…/libs/cairo/include/libpng15 -I…/…/…/libs/cairo/include/pixman-1 -I…/…/…/libs/fmodex/include -I…/…/…/libs/freetype/include -I…/…/…/libs/freetype/include/freetype2 -I…/…/…/libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype -I…/…/…/libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/config -I…/…/…/libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/internal -I…/…/…/libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/internal/services -I…/…/…/libs/glew/include -I…/…/…/libs/glew/include/GL -I…/…/…/libs/glfw/include -I…/…/…/libs/glfw/include/GLFW -I…/…/…/libs/glut/include -I…/…/…/libs/openssl/include -I…/…/…/libs/openssl/include/openssl -I…/…/…/libs/poco/include -I…/…/…/libs/rtAudio/include -I…/…/…/libs/tess2/include -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/3d -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/app -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/communication -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/events -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/gl -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/graphics -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/math -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/sound -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/types -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/utils -I…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/video -x objective-c++ -MMD -MP -MF obj/osx/Release/src/main.d -MT obj/osx/Release/src/main.o -o obj/osx/Release/src/main.o -c src/main.cpp
In file included from src/main.cpp:2:
In file included from ./src/ofApp.h:4:
In file included from …/…/…/addons/ofxAxisGrabber/src/ofxAxisGrabber.h:15:
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:13:10: fatal error: ‘gst/gst.h’ file not found
#include <gst/gst.h>
^
1 error generated.
make[1]: *** [obj/osx/Release/src/main.o] Error 1
make: *** [Release] Error 2
jizbookpro:example ali$ ls …/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/video/
ofDirectShowGrabber.cpp ofGstVideoGrabber.cpp ofQTKitGrabber.h ofQTKitPlayer.h ofQuickTimeGrabber.cpp ofVideoGrabber.cpp
ofDirectShowGrabber.h ofGstVideoGrabber.h ofQTKitGrabber.mm ofQTKitPlayer.mm ofQuickTimeGrabber.h ofVideoGrabber.h
ofGstUtils.cpp ofGstVideoPlayer.cpp ofQTKitMovieRenderer.h ofQtUtils.cpp ofQuickTimePlayer.cpp ofVideoPlayer.cpp
ofGstUtils.h ofGstVideoPlayer.h ofQTKitMovieRenderer.m ofQtUtils.h ofQuickTimePlayer.h ofVideoPlayer.h
jizbookpro:example ali$

Looks like you don’t have GStreamer installed. Can you run the install_dependencies.sh script to make sure you have everything you need?

yes try using ofxGStreamer, you should also add it to your project: https://github.com/arturoc/ofxGStreamer

there’s instructions in the addons readme on how to install gstreamer

hello all and thanks for your advice.

i’ve followed the instructions to install gstreamer; i’ve tried all that’s below with 1.0-1.2.1 (like the instructions) as well as 1.0-1.3.9.

i’m using the project generator in of_0.8.3 (from openframeworks.cc) and adding the following add-ons:
ofxAxisGrabber
ofxGStreamer
ofxHttpUtils

i then try to compile my empty new project, under 10.9, in xcode 5.1.1, and i get 1 error and 8 warnings:

error:
/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/openFrameworks 0.8.3/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofTexture.cpp:567:5: Expected expression

warnings:
/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/openFrameworks 0.8.3/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofQTKitMovieRenderer.m:16:3: Using QTKit, which is deprecated in OSX 10.9

/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/openFrameworks 0.8.3/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofTexture.cpp:570:5: ‘gluBuild2DMipmaps’ is deprecated: first deprecated in OS X 10.9 - “Use glGenerateMipmap”
/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/openFrameworks 0.8.3/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofTexture.cpp:573:5: ‘gluBuild2DMipmaps’ is deprecated: first deprecated in OS X 10.9 - “Use glGenerateMipmap”
/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/openFrameworks 0.8.3/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofTexture.cpp:576:5: ‘gluBuild2DMipmaps’ is deprecated: first deprecated in OS X 10.9 - “Use glGenerateMipmap”
/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/openFrameworks 0.8.3/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofTexture.cpp:583:5: ‘gluBuild2DMipmaps’ is deprecated: first deprecated in OS X 10.9 - “Use glGenerateMipmap”
/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/openFrameworks 0.8.3/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofTexture.cpp:586:5: ‘gluBuild2DMipmaps’ is deprecated: first deprecated in OS X 10.9 - “Use glGenerateMipmap”
/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/openFrameworks 0.8.3/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofTexture.cpp:589:5: ‘gluBuild2DMipmaps’ is deprecated: first deprecated in OS X 10.9 - “Use glGenerateMipmap”
/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/openFrameworks 0.8.3/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofTexture.cpp:592:5: ‘gluBuild2DMipmaps’ is deprecated: first deprecated in OS X 10.9 - “Use glGenerateMipmap”

This is an odd error. Can you unfold the error further and and provide a screenshot? It’s difficult to see where this one might be coming from …

I’m getting this error, with 0.8.2, when i try to compile an example like “3DPrimitivesExample.xcodeproj”

This may be an artifact on my end – but is that a backtick in the code?

I re-installed ofx and the addons and now i’m able to compile; not sure what the issue was;
the errors above are now depreciation warnings:

/Users/ali/Dropbox/Soft Dev/of_v0.8.3_osx_release/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofTexture.cpp:567:5: ‘gluBuild2DMipmaps’ is deprecated: first deprecated in OS X 10.9 - “Use glGenerateMipmap”

following arturos advice, i’m using project generator from 0.8.3 and making a new app, the trying to get the example that comes with gstreamer going; the project compiles fine, but i don’t see the “finger.mov” video, instead i have these errors during run-time, in the console:

[ error ] ofGstUtils: startPipeline(): unable to pause pipeline
[warning] ofGstUtils: getDurationNanos(): couldn’t query time duration
[ error ] ofGstVideoPlayer: allocate(): cannot get pipeline caps
[warning] ofGstVideoUtils: update(): ofGstVideoUtils not loaded