Error with running app on OSX 10.9 - libSystem.B.dylib

I’m getting an error running an app under OSX 10.9 Mavericks.

The app is built in OF 0.8.4 with Xcode 7.2 on OSX 10.11.3. It runs fine under 10.11 and 10.10 but 10.9 it’s crashing on startup.

Running the binary via Terminal I get this output

`dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _OSAtomicIncrement32
 Referenced from: /Users/steve/Desktop/midi_test/ofxMidiFileLoaderTestDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/ofxMidiFileLoaderTestDebug
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _OSAtomicIncrement32
Referenced from: /Users/steve/Desktop/midi_test/ofxMidiFileLoaderTestDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/ofxMidiFileLoaderTestDebug
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib`

The crashing started happening when I included the ofxMidfiFileLoader add-on, so I built an app with just that add-on to test with.

To me it looks like the C++ libraries are different, that it’s using headers that have been deprecated, but I’m a bit stuck.

** Update **
The issue was to do with being compiled on 10.11 not the ofxMidiFileLoader add-on. Previous versions of the project had been built in 10.10 but the upgrade to 10.11 broke it running on 10.9

have you tried compiling the app in 10.9? there was some breaking chages from 10.9 to 10.10 that don’t allow applications compiled in 10.10 or more to run in 10.9 but the other way around it usually works

I haven’t. I’ve just installed a 10.9 virtual machine at the moment to help debug. I’m doing this project remotely and the client has the 10.9 machine with her.

Ah ok so even an empty project compiled in 10.11 won’t run on 10.9…
Previous builds of the project in 10.10 are fine running on 10.9 though.