Error: ‘thread’ in namespace ‘std’ does not name a type

Hello!

I’m trying to get @NickHardeman 's https://github.com/NickHardeman/ofxFFmpegRecorder working on Ubuntu 18, and I’m running into compiler errors that I believe have to do with the compiler/gcc or C++ versions (log below).

Has anyone faced/overcome this in the past?

/home/ali/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/addons/ofxFFmpegRecorder/src/ofxFFmpegRecorder.h:281:10: error: ‘thread’ in namespace ‘std’ does not name a type
     std::thread m_Thread;
          ^~~~~~
/home/ali/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/addons/ofxFFmpegRecorder/src/ofxFFmpegRecorder.cpp: In member function ‘size_t ofxFFmpegRecorder::addFrame(const ofPixels&)’:
/home/ali/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/addons/ofxFFmpegRecorder/src/ofxFFmpegRecorder.cpp:409:9: error: ‘m_Thread’ was not declared in this scope
         m_Thread = std::thread(&ofxFFmpegRecorder::processFrame, this);
         ^~~~~~~~
/home/ali/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/addons/ofxFFmpegRecorder/src/ofxFFmpegRecorder.cpp:409:9: note: suggested alternative: ‘GThread’
         m_Thread = std::thread(&ofxFFmpegRecorder::processFrame, this);
         ^~~~~~~~
         GThread
/home/ali/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/addons/ofxFFmpegRecorder/src/ofxFFmpegRecorder.cpp: In member function ‘void ofxFFmpegRecorder::joinThread()’:
/home/ali/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/addons/ofxFFmpegRecorder/src/ofxFFmpegRecorder.cpp:674:9: error: ‘m_Thread’ was not declared in this scope
     if (m_Thread.joinable()) {
         ^~~~~~~~

hmm you might need to add
#include <thread>

To the top of ofxFFmpegRecorder.h

if that doesn’t solve it you might want to open an issue on his GitHub repo?