error: ld returned 1 exit status

Hello, I was trying to run openframeworks in linux / ubuntu 18.10, download linux gcc6, later install dependencies and compileOF, when I want to compile an example I have this error … also try with QT creator but I still can not compile

error: ld returned 1 exit status
make [1]: *** [/home/museum/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc5_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:405: bin / projectGenerator] Error 1
make [1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/museum/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc5_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine’
make: *** [/home/museum/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc5_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:129: Release] Error 2
make: Leaving directory ‘/home/museum/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc5_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine’
There has been a problem compiling the command line projectGenerator.
Please report this problem in the forums.

can you post a bit more of the output? some lines above that it should say what’s the cause of the error

I have these screenshots, one is compiling an example and the other is compiling OF.

you are using the gcc5 version but ubuntu 18.10 comes with gcc7 you should be using the gcc6 version of OF which supports gcc6 or later

I have the same problem with gcc6, so try gcc5, now I’m going to load ubuntu again and I’m going to download gcc6, the gcc7 version is not on the page

you shouldn’t need to install any specific version of gcc, just use the correct version of OF

can you post the error you get when compiling the gcc6 version?