Error from compilePG.sh

trying to setup an EmotiBit device in DAT Linux (Ubuntu). Entered command for sudo ./compilePG.sh and was given “error 2 please post to forums” so here I am…

ake: Entering directory ‘/home/wr/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine’
Compiling OF library for Release
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/wr/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project’
Done!
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/wr/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project’

Compiling projectGenerator for Release
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/wr/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine’
/home/wr/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/config.addons.mk:210: *** missing separator. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/wr/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine’
make: *** [/home/wr/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:129: Release] Error 2
make: Leaving directory ‘/home/wr/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine’
There has been a problem compiling the command line projectGenerator.
Please report this problem in the forums.

Hey @WR1234 , have you tried the nightly build for linux? You can find a link to it if you scroll down on the OF Downloads page. There have been quite a few changes (for Ubuntu 22.04 and linux in general) that are included in the nightly build. I’m thinking the newest DAT Linux uses Ubuntu 22.04.

do i only need the compilePG.sh file or do i need to grab the entire scripts folder?

If your linux distro is based on ubuntu 22.04 then I would download the nightly build and use it for everything. If the distro is based on a previous ubuntu release then OF 0.11.0 (or 0.11.2) should work fine as is, including the Project Generator. Some of the libs that are installed as packages in ubuntu 22.04 have been updated, and the nightly build accommodates these changes (GStreamer video, maybe some of the audio libs, etc) and also adds support for c++17.

Its been a while since I used the Project Generator with linux, but I think there is a precompiled one included in the projectGenerator-linux64 folder.