Entry Point (_main) undefined

Trying to take a look at the MSAFluid example that comes with the addon. Generated a new project with MSAFluid and MSACore addons, then delete the empty project directory and added the example from MSAFluid. I changed the architecture settings, as suggested in other posts, which remedied all the Mach-O errors, but this one error seems to be preventing me from a successful build:

All the .h files seem linked and there’s no duplication of a main file in any of the files. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

@fristoe82

I tried replicating your problem.Downloaded the addons and its dependencies and it works fine for me. I’m using 0.8.4. Didn’t have to touch my build settings either. Are you using the main.cpp that comes with the example or the one generated in the projectGenerator?

@sheva_29 thanks so much for the response. I’m on 0.8.4 using the main.cpp from the example. I found out that I didn’t have several additional MSA addons that were necessary to run the example: ofxSimpleGuiToo, ofxInteractiveObjects. This is in addition to the MSACore.

Everything resolved with exception of the ofxXMLSettings.h file in the ofxSimpleGuiControl.h file, which I can’t seem to track down. Not sure where its located, but it’s throwing a Lexical Preprocessor error.

Everything resolved with exception of the ofxXMLSettings.h file in the ofxSimpleGuiControl.h file, which I can’t seem to track down. Not sure where its located, but it’s throwing a Lexical Preprocessor error.

You will find it in the bin folder. When I downloaded the example it was there, so you should have it as well.

@sheva_29 I don’t want to keep you on this issue. I’ll try to keep digging around on it. Thanks for all your help on this.

I had all the example files, including the .xml file in my project. I created a new project from PG with addons and then replaced the project files with the example files (via dragging the example files into the project in XCode)-is this the wrong method? Here is what my project directory structure looks like:

It just won’t run right out of the box. The last warning I’m getting is a Parsing Error in the ofxSimpleGuiQuadWarp.cpp, I’ll add it just for fun. Again, thanks for your time:

Get rid of the semi colon after

void loadFromXML (ofxXMLSettings &XML);

{

it needs to be:

void loadFRomXML (ofxXMLSettings &XML)

{

@sheva_29 Thank you. You’re a boss on this issue. I’m just not savvy enough to navigate all the ancillary issues. If it’s not one thing its another. I’m close though. I’ll stay at it and return with a celebration thank you once I get this thing running. Your help has been much appreciated.

No worries, sometimes an extra set of eyes helps in the debugging process! Hope you get it working!

@sheva_29 finally got it working. Just wanted you to know.

I’m curious to know if you already had your development environment set up in a way that lent itself to things in the example just working? I ended up finding syntax errors related to the ofxFluidSettings.xml file and having to alter some function if a few spots.

The #ifdef around the xml statement was set to true, but commented out in one of the .h file. If you uncommented it you got more errors. Anyway, I’ll stop there. It was a great learning experience, but I feel like it didn’t have to be that hard.

Thanks again.