Emscripten linux lubuntu OF 0.9.8 does not compile

hey,

i get a documented bug using emmake:

Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 389, in _handle_results
    task = get()
TypeError: ('__init__() takes at least 3 arguments (1 given)', <class 'subprocess.CalledProcessError'>, ())

documented here

does anyone have a solution for this? i am not experienced with python.

thx, jjj

1 Like

@arturo has this error occurred before?

you might need python 3 but haven’t seen that before

thx arturo, i am trying now with msys on win 10. i installed emscripten into C:\msys64\Emscripten and updated to latest. added the paths to PATH.
OF apps do compile from MINGW32 shell fine. all dependencies installed.
running emmake make from MINGW32 shell in /of_v0.9.8_msys2_release/examples/3d/3DPrimitivesExample gives me the following error:

Admin@DESKTOP-BLJA4IE MINGW32 /of_v0.9.8_msys2_release/examples/3d/3DPrimitivesExample
$ emmake make
HOST_OS=MINGW32_NT-10.0
checking pkg-config libraries:   cairo zlib openssl glew
/of_v0.9.8_msys2_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/config.shared.mk:294: *** cairo not installed. Did you run the latest install_dependencies.sh? zlib not installed. Did you run the latest install_dependencies.sh? openssl not installed. Did you run the latest install_dependencies.sh? glew not installed. Did you run the latest install_dependencies.sh?.  Stop.

@arturo any hints? thx

we don’t support emscripten on windows yet so the windows packages don’t have the emscripten libraries, you can try to copy them from the linux package but there’s no warranty that it’ll work. the only supported platforms for emscripten right now are linux and osx

i see. and linux keeps giving me above described original errors. even on the latest nightly build. web says that python3 is not compatible. :frowning:

maybe i should add that i am running lubuntu 16.04 inside virtualbox. is that a source of issues?

could be but not sure. this seems an emscripten issue in any case perhaps you have better luck asking in their github

ok i will try on github and post the answer once solved.

@arturo i installed ubuntu 12.04 and could compile with emscripten, but getting a lot of unresolved symbols __Z***. It did not run in the browser just returned -1 on an exception. Is there any known combination of Linux and OF that does work? thx

I get the same error on Ubuntu 16.04 & python 2.7 & OF 0.9.8. On which configuration is this emscripten functionality developed and tested?

1 Like