Emscripten linking error

Hello everyone,

I’m on Ubuntu 18.04 and have OF 0.11.0 ready and compiled following this guide. And now, I’m trying to compile the example on this page, with emscripten.

Following the guide ./emsdk commands gave me warning to use the latest version so I followed the github instructions and installed with:

./emsdk install latest
./emsdk activate latest

Then I tried compiling the example project with

emmake make

command in the examples/3d/3DPrimitivesExample directory. It printed for 5 minutes then suddenly I got the following error:

emcc: warning: generating an executable with an object extension (.bc).  If you meant to build an object file please use `-c, `-r`, or `-shared` [-Wemcc]
error: undefined symbol: _ZN24ofxEmscriptenSoundStreamC1Ev (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)
warning: Link with `-s LLD_REPORT_UNDEFINED` to get more information on undefined symbols
warning: To disable errors for undefined symbols use `-s ERROR_ON_UNDEFINED_SYMBOLS=0`
warning: __ZN24ofxEmscriptenSoundStreamC1Ev may need to be added to EXPORTED_FUNCTIONS if it arrives from a system library
error: undefined symbol: _ZN24ofxEmscriptenSoundStreamD1Ev (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)
warning: __ZN24ofxEmscriptenSoundStreamD1Ev may need to be added to EXPORTED_FUNCTIONS if it arrives from a system library
error: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost6system15system_categoryEv (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)
warning: __ZN5boost6system15system_categoryEv may need to be added to EXPORTED_FUNCTIONS if it arrives from a system library
error: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost6system16generic_categoryEv (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)
warning: __ZN5boost6system16generic_categoryEv may need to be added to EXPORTED_FUNCTIONS if it arrives from a system library
error: undefined symbol: tessDeleteTess (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)
warning: _tessDeleteTess may need to be added to EXPORTED_FUNCTIONS if it arrives from a system library
error: undefined symbol: tessNewTess (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)
warning: _tessNewTess may need to be added to EXPORTED_FUNCTIONS if it arrives from a system library
Error: Aborting compilation due to previous errors
emcc: error: '/home/fiona/Downloads/emsdk/node/12.18.1_64bit/bin/node /home/fiona/Downloads/emsdk/upstream/emscripten/src/compiler.js /tmp/tmpc465mj4f.txt' failed (1)
makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:262: recipe for target '/home/fiona/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/emscripten/libopenFrameworks.bc' failed
make[2]: *** [/home/fiona/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/emscripten/libopenFrameworks.bc] Error 1
makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:204: recipe for target 'Release' failed
make[1]: *** [Release] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/fiona/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project'
/home/fiona/Downloads/of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:124: recipe for target 'Release' failed
make: *** [Release] Error 2

I’m looking forward for your kind support. Thanks!