Emscripten HOWTO

Hello guys,
is there a FAQ/documentation on how to build an emscripten-based project?

Thank you for your kindness and support.

Andrea

2 Likes

Hello Amarcol,

Have you seen this: https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/pull/2992
There are some instructions in the first post. Maybe it helps.

Hi Meach,
I’ve already seen and followed that, but it’s rather terse of information.

Besides, I end up stuck with compilation errors, edit them and get some more.
Last time it was like below.

This means that I have to interfere with the original OF source with patches that will be useless in a few months or so.

I suppose I’ll wait for a stable version with a supported emscripten platform before gnashing my teeth on it again.

(if it ever comes out)

Thank you for the time,

Andrea

…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.cpp:43:51: error: allocating an object of abstract class type ‘ofxEmscriptenVideoGrabber’
setGrabber( shared_ptr<OF_VID_GRABBER_TYPE>(new OF_VID_GRABBER_TYPE) );
^
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.h:42:30: note: expanded from macro ‘OF_VID_GRABBER_TYPE’
#define OF_VID_GRABBER_TYPE ofxEmscriptenVideoGrabber
^
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/types/ofBaseTypes.h:223:15: note: unimplemented pure virtual method ‘setup’ in ‘ofxEmscriptenVideoGrabber’
virtual bool setup(int w, int h) = 0;
^
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.cpp:60:51: error: allocating an object of abstract class type ‘ofxEmscriptenVideoGrabber’
setGrabber( shared_ptr<OF_VID_GRABBER_TYPE>(new OF_VID_GRABBER_TYPE) );
^
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.h:42:30: note: expanded from macro ‘OF_VID_GRABBER_TYPE’
^
…/…/…/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.cpp:133:60: error: allocating an object of abstract class type ‘ofxEmscriptenVideoGrabber’
mutThis->setGrabber( shared_ptr<OF_VID_GRABBER_TYPE>(new OF_VID_GRABBER_TYPE) );
^
^
3 errors generated.
ERROR root: compiler frontend failed to generate LLVM bitcode, halting

1 Like

hello there!

would also really really like to have Emscripten available for a project i am working on.

i managed to get the compilation going sort of ok, i tried with of-git, there are a lot of virtual methods not yet implemented, and left a howto trail of what i have achieved located here https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/3426

would really enjoy some feedback from users that managed successful compilation (which i think i have), but the process in the end after compiling is not generating the app.html

thanks