Emscripten and emmake make: "'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command"

Hey all!

So I was looking to host an oF project of mine on my website, and was recommended to use Emscripten to do so. After following the guide at https://openframeworks.cc/setup/emscripten/ I reached the section on using ‘emmake make’ to compile my project and receive the error of:

$ emmake make
‘make’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
make: make

I’m not sure where to be looking to resolve my issues as this is the first time I’ve dealt with Emscripten and building from terminal.

I’m running Windows 10 and Visual Studio 19 (backdating projects to 17) as my current environment.

Any dubious advice would be awesome.

Cheers!

Luke

The make command is not a part of Windows usually. Which command prompt are you using to build?

If you’re using one of the more Unix-ish prompts like WSL, you’ll have the make command available. Otherwise you have to install MinGW(and the command will be mingw32-make instead) first.

Also just in case as a general disclaimer to set expectations, there are some things that may not work on the web vs desktop.