emptyexample compiles but does not run

Hi

having some problems here with installing and running the emptyexample. I compile the empty example and it stops at

/home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/android/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n cc.openframeworks.androidEmptyExample/cc.openframeworks.androidEmptyExample.OFActivity
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=cc.openframeworks.androidEmptyExample/.OFActivity }

It looks like it compiles ok and the app is installed in the device, but if I try to run it in the phone, it crashes saying the app has unexpectedly stopped. My device is a Huawei U8510 IDEOS X3 with android 2.3.5

NDK r7b
SDK latest version

I noticed I cannot select the AndroidRelease target as I do not have the hammer button in the toolbar, I am checking the menus to see if there is some option there but I dont see anything apart from Run > Debug

sorry if this is blurry, I am still trying to understand the whole process… thanks

the whole output below …

Makefile:361: warning: overriding commands for target clean' Makefile:356: warning: ignoring old commands for targetclean’
if [ -d “bin/data” ]; then \
mkdir -p res/raw; \
rm res/raw/androidemptyexampleresources.zip; \
cd bin/data; \
zip -r …/…/res/raw/androidemptyexampleresources.zip *; \
cd …/…; \
fi
if [ -f obj/ ]; then rm obj/; fi
#touch AndroidManifest.xml
/home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/android/android-sdk-linux/tools/android update project --target android-8 --path /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/apps/androidExamples/androidEmptyExample
Updated project.properties
Updated local.properties
Updated file /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/apps/androidExamples/androidEmptyExample/proguard.cfg
ant debug
Buildfile: /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/apps/androidExamples/androidEmptyExample/build.xml

-set-mode-check:

-set-debug-files:

-set-debug-mode:

-debug-obfuscation-check:

-setup:
[echo] Gathering info for OFActivity…
[setup] Android SDK Tools Revision 16
[setup] Project Target: Android 2.2
[setup] API level: 8
[setup]
[setup] ------------------
[setup] Resolving library dependencies:
[setup] /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/apps/androidExamples/androidEmptyExample: …/…/…/addons/ofxAndroid/ofAndroidLib/ => /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/addons/ofxAndroid/ofAndroidLib
[setup] Ordered libraries:
[setup] /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/addons/ofxAndroid/ofAndroidLib
[setup]

-build-setup:
[echo] Building Libraries

nodeps:

-set-mode-check:

-set-debug-files:

-set-debug-mode:

-debug-obfuscation-check:

-setup:
[echo] Gathering info for ofAndroidLib…
[setup] Android SDK Tools Revision 16
[setup] Project Target: Android 2.2
[setup] API level: 8
[setup] Project Type: Android Library
[setup]
[setup] Resolving library dependencies:
[setup] No library dependencies.
[setup]
[setup]
[setup] WARNING: No minSdkVersion value set. Application will install on all Android versions.

-build-setup:
[echo] Creating output directories if needed…

-pre-build:

-code-gen:
[echo] ----------
[echo] Handling aidl files…
[aidl] No AIDL files to compile.
[echo] ----------
[echo] Handling RenderScript files…
[renderscript] No RenderScript files to compile.
[echo] ----------
[echo] Handling Resources…
[aapt] No changed resources. R.java and Manifest.java untouched.

-pre-compile:

-compile:
[echo] Creating library output jar file…
[jar] Building jar: /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/addons/ofxAndroid/ofAndroidLib/bin/classes.jar

-post-compile:

-obfuscate:

-dex:
[echo] Library project: do not convert bytecode…

-crunch:
[crunch] Crunching PNG Files in source dir: /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/addons/ofxAndroid/ofAndroidLib/res
[crunch] To destination dir: /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/addons/ofxAndroid/ofAndroidLib/bin/res
[crunch] Crunched 0 PNG files to update cache

-package-resources:
[echo] Library project: do not package resources…

-package:
[echo] Library project: do not package apk…

-do-debug:
[echo] Library project: do not create apk…

debug:
[propertyfile] Updating property file: /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/addons/ofxAndroid/ofAndroidLib/bin/build.prop
[propertyfile] Updating property file: /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/addons/ofxAndroid/ofAndroidLib/bin/build.prop
[echo]
[echo] ############################################
[echo] **** Back to project OFActivity ****
[echo] ############################################
[echo] Creating output directories if needed…

-pre-build:

-code-gen:
[echo] ----------
[echo] Handling aidl files…
[aidl] No AIDL files to compile.
[echo] ----------
[echo] Handling RenderScript files…
[renderscript] No RenderScript files to compile.
[echo] ----------
[echo] Handling Resources…
[aapt] No changed resources. R.java and Manifest.java untouched.

-pre-compile:

-compile:

-post-compile:

-obfuscate:

-dex:
[dex] No new compiled code. No need to convert bytecode to dalvik format.

-crunch:
[crunch] Crunching PNG Files in source dir: /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/apps/androidExamples/androidEmptyExample/res
[crunch] To destination dir: /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/apps/androidExamples/androidEmptyExample/bin/res
[crunch] Crunched 0 PNG files to update cache

-package-resources:
[aapt] No changed resources or assets. OFActivity.ap_ remains untouched

-package:
[apkbuilder] No changes. No need to create apk.

-do-debug:
[zipalign] No changes. No need to run zip-align on the apk.
[echo] Debug Package: /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/apps/androidExamples/androidEmptyExample/bin/OFActivity-debug.apk

debug:
[propertyfile] Updating property file: /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/apps/androidExamples/androidEmptyExample/bin/build.prop
[propertyfile] Updating property file: /home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/c++/of_preRelease_v007_android/apps/androidExamples/androidEmptyExample/bin/build.prop

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 2 seconds
cp bin/OFActivity-debug.apk bin/androidEmptyExample.apk
#if [ “device” = “device” ]; then
/home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/android/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/adb install -r bin/androidEmptyExample.apk;
1494 KB/s (35820 bytes in 0.023s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/androidEmptyExample.apk
Success
#fi
/home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/android/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n cc.openframeworks.androidEmptyExample/cc.openframeworks.androidEmptyExample.OFActivity
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=cc.openframeworks.androidEmptyExample/.OFActivity }

mmm… no answer. am I not seeing something obvious?

Did you look at the FAQ at the bottom of the android instructions here? http://www.openframeworks.cc/setup/android-eclipse/

obviously I did not. THANKS!. there is so much going on with the installation that it is impossible (for me at least) to keep track of everything

ok, now it is working. I did not see all that because I was following the readme.txt in the package which does not contain the Notes, FAQ and all the stuff at the bottom of the android-eclipse page and I did not find it on my own. That would have actually saved me (and all) two or three questions I have done in the forum in the last weeks :frowning: Maybe it would be good to add a link that that in the readme.txt file?