So over this weekend I participated in Ludum Dare 35 #LDJAM #LD35 (A 72 hour game jam event to make a game from scratch) with the theme of Shapeshift. Individually I created a Space Game called “Edge Shift”.
I created this all in oF and since Ludlum Dare is peer reviewed, I went for WebGL build as my main target so the most people could play it. Since oF has emscripten (LLVM to JS compiler) working in 0.9.0+ I was able to use that and compile for WebGL.
The main difficulties I had was testing and coding the ES 2.0 shaders, so I ended up deploying a multi-platform approach and used oF to build to my iPhone and iPad to test the game natively running ES 2.0 shaders.
Anyways I will write up a post-mortem blog post later this week.
You can play the game now with the following links: Let me know what you think. PS. Very hard.
Play in your browser now:
- W/S - Shape Shift
- A/D - Control Orbit Speed / Direction (Hold one of the buttons down to Ramp up speed)
- Mouse touch position to control camera
- C - Credits on Screen
How to Play:
- Hold Down A or D and ramp up your orbit speed until you can collide with most if not all entities.
- Challenge yourself to remember what shape you are and what you changed to as your speed increases.
- The higher the speed, the more score.