@diff-arch If it’s going to work at all it should be pretty simple.
CLion | File | Open -> select Makefile | Open as Project. Then create a Makefile App run/build config.
In more detail…
First make sure your compiler is going to work with some oF example, choose a simple one like
(* read edit below)
and build from command line
If this fails you have more basic problems than CLion to fix, and in osX I can’t help you further.
If it works there should be an executable such as
which you’ll need for step 5 below
- Do file | open (not “import project” or “new project”)
- Select the oF example Makefile
- Accept CLion request “Open as Project” and to make clean.
It takes a few minutes for CLion to chew through all the oF src.
- Click Run|Edit Configurations|’+’|Makefile Application
- Select Target=Debug and Executable= browse to the bin/3DPrimitivesExample_debug built above.
- Select Run | Run and choose the run config from step 5
That should build and attempt to run.
And FYI, the oF installation I’m using is an “installed” version from
as opposed to “from source” using the oF github repo. I am guessing that would be more fuss to get going.
EDIT: I just noticed that my “simple” 3DPrimitivesExample example may be a bad choice: It seems inexplicably and unnecessarily to be accessing ofGstVideoGrabber camera HW. That’s the kind of HW dependency hiccup I was hoping to avoid for a “hello world” test.
Any simple example should be okay for the flow above.