Do you know another alternative to get the dancer skeleton using a kinect 1414?

have a question for you guys, I have been learning how to use OF around 2-3 months ago, so I’m realty new with OF. I’m trying to get dancer skeleton using kinect 1414 ,OF (last version) and Visual Studio 2017

I saw that the most popular addons to get the dancer Skeleton is ofxOpenNI, but with this addons I have too much error and I think that it’s because is too old ,5 years ago since the last modification…
Do you know another alternative to get the dancer skeleton using a kinect 1414?

right now I’m using ofxNI2 and I was able to get the skeleton but sometime give this exception

https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/5817

the exception is because the child doesn’t have parent but I don’t know how to control this exception because c++ can’t check if the parent is null…

what do you think about the addons ofxKinectBlobTracker, anyone knows this addons?

Hello @GinesMendoza, welcome to the forum.
The kinect addon ofxNI2 looks very hold. If what it does it is what you are looking for, you could try to fork that addon and port it to the current master of openFrameworks, but it can be hard if you have just started with openframeworks.

openFrameworks by the way, already ship an addon to handle the kinect, it is ofxKinect and it is in your addon folder. In your example folder you should have some application that shows how to use it.

1 Like

Hello @edapx and thanks for the answer, Yes I know about ofxKinect but I think that I can’t get the person skeleton