Didn't found configuration for libraries:

I’ve search a lot in this and ubuntu’s forum and i can’t get rid of this error which don’t let me compile openFrameworks’ applications. When I open or try to compile an example codeblocks says:

Didn't found configuration for libraries:  
  * gstreamer-0.10  * gstreamer-base-0.10  * gstreamer-video-0.10  * libudev  

I’m using 10.04 (last Ubuntu release). I tried downloading the GIT package but I’m having the same problem.

Also when i use the install_codeblocks.sh script this error appear causing me to kill it.

E: Command line option 'e' [from -dev] is not known.  

I tried purging my codeblocks and installing again with no luck.

any guess ?

can you try to open a console and exuecute:

pkg-config --list-all  

and see if it finishes correctly or throws any error.

some times there’s a package missing that makes pkg-config fail. (pkg-config is what codeblocks uses internally for loking for libraries) usually it’s libdrm-dev but that’s included now in the install_dependencies script, so perhaps some other library is missing.

if it fails can you post the error and try also this command:

pkg=$(pkg-config --list-all 2>&1 1>/dev/null | grep "Package '.*'," | sed "s/Package '\(\.*\)/\1/g" | sed "s/\(\.*\)'.*/\1/g")  

and post the output. (that’s only one line)

Hey, thanks for the reply !

pkg-config --list-all  

Finishes with no errors.

pkg=$(pkg-config --list-all 2>&1 1>/dev/null | grep "Package '.*'," | sed "s/Package '\(\.*\)/\1/g" | sed "s/\(\.*\)'.*/\1/g")  

No output.

are you executing the install_codeblocks and install_dependencies script using sudo:

sudo ./install_dependencies.sh
sudo ./install_codeblocks.sh

the script is working for me without problem.

can you post the complete output of the scripts

Hey, thanks for the reply, I didn’t see it until now, it seems I trashed the email notification without seeing it (silly me)

yes I did sudo the scripts…

It’s installing codeblocks 10.05 (i think it used to install an older version some months ago, which was behaving the same way)

the install_codeblocks script outputs

until I ctrl-c it… it seems to install it fine anyway…

I’ve sudo ./install_dependencies.sh > install_dependencies_output

and this is the output

../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:19:22: warning: avformat.h: No such file or directory  
../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:20:21: warning: swscale.h: No such file or directory  
../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:19:22: warning: avformat.h: No such file or directory  
../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:20:21: warning: swscale.h: No such file or directory  

I can’t post the install_dependencies_output file since the forum won’t let me becouse of the message length… I cant upload it either since it says they don’t allow that extension (neither do .txt). But it seems to be fetching some files and compiling them with no problem at all… this is the only thing that could be messing around but I don’t think so:

libgstreamer0.10-dev is already the newest version.  
libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev is already the newest version.  
libavcodec-dev is already the newest version.  
libavformat-dev is already the newest version.  
libavutil-dev is already the newest version.  
libswscale-dev is already the newest version.  
freeglut3-dev is already the newest version.  
libasound2-dev is already the newest version.  
libxmu-dev is already the newest version.  
libxxf86vm-dev is already the newest version.  
g++ is already the newest version.  
libgl1-mesa-dev is already the newest version.  
libglu1-mesa-dev is already the newest version.  
libraw1394-dev is already the newest version.  
libudev-dev is already the newest version.  

thank you very much for you efforts !
Leandro.

I’ve also

$sudo aptitude purge codeblocks codeblocks-common codeblocks-contrib codeblocks-contrib-common libwxsmithlib0   

$sudo aptitude purge libgstreamer0.10-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev libudev-dev   

and tried installing it with a fresh download with no luck :frowning:

there’s a new version of codeblocks, and ubuntu packages here:

https://launchpad.net/~pasgui/+archive/ppa

i haven’t tried it yet, but it should solve the problems with library detection and with the wxwidgets version

I’ve removed my codeblocks packages, reinstall them using the ppa provided and executed de install_dependencies script from a fresh archive.

This is the output:

In file included from /usr/include/libavutil/avutil.h:81,  
                 from /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:30,  
                 from /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:56,  
                 from ../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:21:  
/usr/include/libavutil/common.h: In function ‘int32_t av_clipl_int32(int64_t)’:  
/usr/include/libavutil/common.h:154: error: ‘UINT64_C’ was not declared in this scope  
../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp: In member function ‘void ofUCUtils::new_frame(unicap_data_buffer_t*)’:  
../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:389: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to ‘PixelFormat’  
../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:389: error:   initializing argument 3 of ‘int avpicture_fill(AVPicture*, uint8_t*, PixelFormat, int, int)’  
make: *** [obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o] Error 1  
there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library  
please report this problem in the forums  

It seems it can’t compile now =(

are you using the git package? i’m on ubuntu 10.04 too and have no problems. do you have any application installed from other repositories than the official ubuntu ones? it seems you’re having problems with ffmpeg, but there hasn’t been any updates in the official ubuntu repositories.

no, I’m using the last release right now… I’ve used the git package with no luck in the past but I can try again…

Yes, I do have a couple of packages from unofficial repositories including OpenShot, Ardour and some lapsda plugins… the ffmpeg package I think that is official, I should check that…

I’ll try this, I really apreciate your help, I’m doing my best to make it work

i think it’s related to a non official version of ffmpeg, i think i’ve seen that error in the last release of debian but cannot test it right now.

also if you’re in ubuntu lucid is better to use the version from github, in the official package in downloads the video won’t work.