Deja vu VS 2017: "toolset v142 not found"

I’ve been away from oF for some time fiddling with projects in different environments. Decided to reinstall VS Studio 2017, download openFrameworks library 10.1, reorganize old project folders and see if a “solution” still compiled. Ha!

Talk about deja vu… I’m experiencing again an error that caused lots of confusion when first working with openFrameworks. Of course, I’ve lost any notes or proper VS settings so I’m stuck (again). Here’s the complaint from VS 2017:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(67,5): error MSB8020: The build tools for v142 (Platform Toolset = ‘v142’) cannot be found. To build using the v142 build tools, please install v142 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting “Retarget solution”.

I’ve reviewed the oF instructions and believe I have checked the right boxes in VS installation and setup. Still, I apparently need help in very simple terms on how to select v142 build tools or some other fix.

Thanks a bunch,
Bob

Solution to this problem (left over “Solution” files, etc.):
Simply started new VS solution, brought in files *.cpp, *.h from old project and let updated VS 2017 create new project files. Error-free compile and execution :hugs:.