Cycle Chaser Project on Raspberry Pi 2 Problems Compiling

I’m trying to follow the Cycle Chaser example by Matt Richardson but with a new Raspberry Pi 2. I followed this setup guild from start to finish with success, aka, got the example to run. When I go to “sudo make run” the Cycle Chaser project I get the following error:

checking pkg-config libraries:   cairo zlib gstreamer-app-1.0 gstreamer-1.0 gstreamer-video-1.0 gstreamer-base-1.0 libudev freetype2 fontconfig sndfile openal openssl libpulse-simple alsa gtk+-3.0 glesv1_cm glesv2 egl 
../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/config.shared.mk:260: *** couldn't find some pkg-config packages, did you run the latest install_dependencies.sh?.  Stop.

I’ve fun the latest install_dependencies.sh without any luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

I’m very new to this and would love some guidance.

This might just flag that I’m a noob, but everything works if I do the follow.

cd bin
./cycleChaser

but does not work

sudo make run

Very strange. Any ideas?

Do you need sudo? Does ‘Make Run’ work?

This particular application accesses the GPIO so it needs the sudo. At least I think that’s why. If I don’t, it reminds me that I do.

I’m having the exact same issue with an Rpi2. I was able to get it to work fine on an older B, but the new arm7 stuff isn’t allowing you to use sudo make run. WiringPi needs sudo and won’t work without having Sudo privileges.

But if you do a sudo su - then execute the app with just make run, it will work FYI.