Current master fails on install dependencies script and compile

On Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Getting this when trying to run scripts/linux/ubuntu/install_dependencies.sh from current git master.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libopencv-dev : Depends: libopencv-objdetect-dev (= 2.4.8+dfsg1-2ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libopencv-highgui-dev (= 2.4.8+dfsg1-2ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libopencv-legacy-dev (= 2.4.8+dfsg1-2ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libopencv-contrib-dev (= 2.4.8+dfsg1-2ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libopencv-videostab-dev (= 2.4.8+dfsg1-2ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libopencv-superres-dev (= 2.4.8+dfsg1-2ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libopencv-ocl-dev (= 2.4.8+dfsg1-2ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libcv-dev (= 2.4.8+dfsg1-2ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libhighgui-dev (= 2.4.8+dfsg1-2ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: libcvaux-dev (= 2.4.8+dfsg1-2ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
error installing dependencies, there could be an error with your internet connection
if the error persists, please report an issue in github: http://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues

I was also getting issues with librtaudio-dev, but I managed to get that installed via aptitude. for some reason even though aptitude says it can install libopencv-dev, it doesn’t appear to actually do it.

Tried to compile anyway, and I additionally get this error:

/home/tim/repos/openFrameworks-master/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofFileUtils.h:12:32: fatal error: boost/filesystem.hpp: No such file or directory
 #include <boost/filesystem.hpp>
                                ^
compilation terminated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if this is github issue worthy

can you try installing boost filesystem manually? since opencv is failing to install nothing else is getting installed probably.

sudo apt-get install libboost-filesystem-dev

also is this on a recently installed system? just trying to know if this is affecting everyone in ubuntu 14.04 or is just an issue in your system because of broken dependencies due to some ppa or other packages you might have installed

Thanks arturo, installing libboost-filesystem-dev fixed the compile issue. This system is not a fresh 14.04 install so I can’t be sure that the broken package issue is real or not.

it sounds like a broken opencv package, try checking which versions you have in the repos and where are they being installed from with something like synaptic for example. perhaps you added a ppa at some point which included opencv and is breaking those packages.