Computational arts MA - open day

Hi Hackers,

I’m getting in touch to let you know that we’ll be holding an open day on the 22nd of November (4-7pm). If you’re in London I highly recommend it. You’ll get to hear about the MA/MFA in Computational Art, meet members of staff and possibly current students, find out the kind of work you’ll be doing this time next year and a lot more. Sign up for the event by visiting:

I am going to be giving a short presentation of the course at 6.15pm so if you’re around stop by!

We recently got our new courses approved. This year has been a great year of change with exciting new material being introduced in the syllabus and more scheduled for the coming September. Join us and I’ll tell you all about it.

Over the year I’ll drip feed you the projects that the students worked on starting with Charlotte Dann’s Hexatope. Hexatope is a design system based on a hexagonal grid. With a simple interface and intuitive set of rules it enables users to design beautiful, complex and unique 3D forms which Charlotte then prints in 3D and turns into silver or gold-plated jewellery.
After graduating from the MA Charlotte quit her day job and started this kickstarter campaign which was a big hit. She managed to collect 15k from the platform and she is on her way to setting up her own jewellery making business using the generative techniques she learned on the course.

As always, you can stay updated by visiting the blog of the MA where I post regular updates.
http://doc.gold.ac.uk/compartsblog/

Hopefully I’ll see some on you in the open day. If you can’t attend but have questions about the course. Please let me know.

Dr Theodoros Papatheodorou
Lecturer in Computational Arts
Computational Arts MA/MFA Programme Leader (website & blog)
Department of Computing, Room 6, 29 St. James
Goldsmiths, University of London