Compiling Poco and SimpleGui for .05Fat with codeblocks

Hi guys,

Just want to thank you in advance for your help. I am a Java person, so all of the library linking and configuring the compiler is frustrating me a bit.

I’ve been trying to install with SimpleGui for the past few days, and I am having a pretty difficult time. I was able to hack my way through various compile time errors. However, this last errors have left me stomped.

I have added SimpleGui to my .05Fat CB package. Everything is fine and dandy until I tried to add Poco as well. I’ve downloaded and “installed” the “poco for codeblocks (win)” package created by jesusgollonet. However, I am receiving these following compile errors whenver I try to compile my code. And I have absolutely no idea what the errors mean.

C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/…/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/…/…/…/…/include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:79: error: ::memcpy' has not been declared C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:80: error:::memmove’ has not been declared
C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/…/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/…/…/…/…/include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:81: error: ::strcpy' has not been declared C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:82: error:::strncpy’ has not been declared
C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/…/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/…/…/…/…/include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:83: error: ::strcat' has not been declared C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:84: error:::strncat’ has not been declared
C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/…/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/…/…/…/…/include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:85: error: ::memcmp' has not been declared C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:86: error:::strcmp’ has not been declared
C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/…/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/…/…/…/…/include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:87: error: ::strcoll' has not been declared C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:88: error:::strncmp’ has not been declared
C

C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/…/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/…/…/…/…/include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:90: error: ::strcspn' has not been declared C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:91: error:::strspn’ has not been declared
C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/…/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/…/…/…/…/include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:92: error: ::strtok' has not been declared C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:93: error:::memset’ has not been declared
C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/…/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/…/…/…/…/include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:94: error: ::strerror' has not been declared C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:95: error:::strlen’ has not been declared
C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/…/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/…/…/…/…/include/c++/3.4.5/cstring:97: error: ::memchr' has not been declared C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/cstring: In functionvoid* std::memchr(void*, int, size_t)’:
etc …

Looks like there is some kind of incompatibility with poco and my MinGw?

I was wondering if someone can point me towards the right direction on how to fix these compile time errors?

thanks again :smiley:

hey.

I think it’d be easier to just download this version

http://www.openframeworks.cc/files/of-p-…-noApps.zip

and hook up simplegui there. I haven’t used that library, but as long as I know most on the people on the forum that use it are running on this new version.

Your code and all the apps from the fat package should be totally fine there.

best!
jesús.

Hey, thanks for that link! Works perfectly on vista+codeblocks.
I don’t know where you found it because I’ve been looking for that prerelease for days. The only one I could found was for xcode.

sorry, pc is behind the curve with that stuff, but this weekend I should be pushing both CB and VS 0.0573s…

take care!
zach

great! Thanks for all the hard work!

hi, is there any resonable explanation for this problem? I’ve got the same errors trying to join ofxPatterns with my opencv application…

//EDIT
it finds out that OF 0.61 is really not compatible with ofxPatterns 0.6, changing OF for older version fix my problem