Compiling of0.9.8 with Ubuntu 18.04

hi,
I am trying to compile of0.9.8 with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Unfortunately something is wrong, when trying one of the supplied examples (with make from terminal) the linker spits a lot of errors like this one:

/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: /home/dodo/of_v0.9.8_linux64_release/libs/poco/lib/linux64/libPocoNetSSL.a(ConsoleCertificateHandler.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against symbol `_ZTVN4Poco3Net25ConsoleCertificateHandlerE' can not be used when making a PIE object; recompile with -fPIC

Is there a fix for this? My project (that runs fine on Ubuntu 16.04) is quite complex and porting it to OF 0.10 is a task that I’d rather avoid if possible.

thanks for helping
Davide

This was fixed in the 0.9.8 Nightly version (after the release) but I don’t know if that is available somewhere.

This crossed my mind but I couldn’t find the 0.9.8 nightly build anymore to download :frowning:

It seems that the “previous versions” section of the website only has the stable ones

Yeah, I know, it’s annoying :frowning:

I had the same issue earlier but that was for the rPi/Arm version but luckily I found it in my Time Machine backups.

Maybe someone has it and can send it to you. All the best!

Hey, the Arm version of the 0.9.8 Nightly does seem to have the Poco/linux64 folder in it. Worth a shot? I’ve uploaded it (link below), try replacing the libs/poco folder with this?

Edit: At least I think this is the Arm 0.9.8 version that’s on my computer atm. If it’s not I can still get it from my rPi but for that you’ll have to wait till I’m home.

Edit 2: Link Removed Yes, sorry, it looks like the 0.9.8 release version and not the nightly version. I can look for the nightly later tonight and if it has the Linux64 Poco in it, I’ll upload it.