Compiling issues

The only way I can find to compile a modified example is through the “buildAllExample” script. Using the project “make Debug” doesn’t seem to update the build and CodeBlock doesn’t seem to work.

Is there a better workflow?

I have Ubuntu 10.4 64bit.

Thanks, chr

Actually if I do “make Release” it seems to be updated properly.

Cheers, chr

yes there were some problems with ubuntu 10.04. they should be solved in github already:

http:/github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks

I am already using the git hub version.

chr

what error are you getting? both make Debug and the codeblocks project are working for me without problem

If I open “advancedGraphicsExample_linux64.workspace” and try to compile I get these:

||=== advancedGraphicsExample, Debug ===|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|4|warning: gst/gst.h: No such file or directory|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|9|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GMainLoop’ with no type|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|9|error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|10|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstElement’ with no type|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|10|error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|17|error: ‘guint64’ does not name a type|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|18|error: ‘guint64’ does not name a type|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|22|error: ‘guint64’ does not name a type|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|123|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstElement’ with no type|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|123|error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|124|error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstElement’ with no type|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|124|error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|140|error: ‘gint64’ does not name a type|  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h|141|error: ‘guint64’ does not name a type|  
||=== Build finished: 13 errors, 1 warnings ===|  

seams you missing gstreamer.

did your install_dependencies.sh and install_codeblocks.sh scripts run without errors?

I installed codeblocks not from the script but I can compile the examples from the scripts.

you need to install codeblocks from the install scripts, the version in ubuntu repositories is kind of old and doesnt work very well with how OF is setup

I don’t think I got any error during installation (I disinstalled the older version first) but I get errors when I try to launch it:

$ codeblocks  
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module": libpk-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory  
codeblocks: relocation error: /usr/lib/libcodeblocks.so.0: symbol _Z18wxSafeConvertWX2MBPKw, version WXU_2.8.2 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference  

Also if I run the application from the menu, it seems to die in the same way.

Thanks, chr

take a look at the setup section for linux, there’s a problem with the version of wx-widgets the explanation on how to solve it is in the setup page:

http://www.openframeworks.cc/setup/linux-codeblocks

doesn’t seem to work for me, actually I don’t have any file starting with “libw” in /var/cache/apt/archives/ folder :S

chr

ops, the files are there, will try again.

chr

Setting up libwxbase2.8-0 (2.8.10.1-0ubuntu1) ...  

Setting up libwxgtk2.8-0 (2.8.10.1-0ubuntu1) ...  

But same problem :frowning:

chr

can you try again? the install_dependencies script queries an online script so i can change the dependencies on the fly cause the wx-widgets dependencies change over time and are different from 64 to 32 bits versions. i’ve just updated the online script, i think it should work now

Seems to work now, great!

Thanks a lot, chr