Compiling from QtCreator works but compileXX.sh fails

Hi, I was trying to compile in the command line but if I try:

$ compileOF.sh
$ compilePG.sh
or
$ cd src/openFrameworks/examples/graphics/lutFilterExample/
$ ~/src/openFrameworks/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine/bin/projectGenerator_debug ./
$ make

they all fail like this:

/home/funpro/src/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Release/libs/
   openFrameworks/app/ofAppRunner.d:1: warning: NUL character seen; rest of line ignored
/home/funpro/src/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Release/libs/
   openFrameworks/app/ofAppRunner.d:2: *** missing separator.  Stop.

I did run download_libs.sh. Compiling works fine in QtCreator.

Update: all ArchLinux packages are up to date, g++ (GCC) 7.3.1 20180312

How could I debug or fix this?

have you tried to clean the OF build? use:

make clean -C libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project

from the OF root

it might be some incompatibility in the dependencies file from one version to the next. the speed at which arch linux updates the toolchain and in general all the packages makes it really hard to maintain anything

That make clean produces exactly the same error. But not urgent, I guess it will work at some point. Sorry for being a pita. I switched to ArchLinux before starting to work with OF :slight_smile:

Update: I solved it by deleting the content of openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64. After that everything works fine in the command line.

great, I was going to suggest to just delete it manually :slight_smile: and no worries i guess every other distro will have the same problems in the near future is just that with archlinux they seem to change everything every week which makes it super hard to keep up to date. I guess though that it helps catching this issues earlier