Compiler error on rpi3 while trying to install ofxPiMapper (ofxOMXPlayer - IL/OMX_Core.h)

So I’m trying to put ofxPiMapper on a raspberry pi 3 using these instructions:

I was running into errors at first so I got cloned the master repo and managed to compile OF with the included libraries and scripts; cloned the provided repos from kr15h and jvcleave and have since had difficulty compiling the example-basic code for ofxOMXPlayer.

install_depends.sh runs without a hitch but running make returns the following fatal error:

/home/pi/openFrameworks/addons/ofxOMXPlayer/src/ofxOMXPlayerSettings.h:4:10: fatal error: IL/OMX_Core.h: No such file or directory
    4 | #include <IL/OMX_Core.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [/home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:217: obj/linuxarmv6l/Release/src/ofApp.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/openFrameworks/addons/ofxOMXPlayer/example-basic'
make: *** [/home/pi/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:129: Release] Error 2

trolling through old forums indicated that I needed the package libomxil-bellagio-dev but installing it hasn’t solved the issue.

I’m at a loss as to where I need to get those headers or if I need to modify any scripts or files. any advice to move forward would be greatly appreciated.

@jvcleave might nkow what is going on

my guess is that the OS is later than Jessie? newer version of Raspbian have removed OMX

Yes, it’s got Raspbian Bullseye installed. Forums are telling me its deprecated in favor of V4L2 encoder. I’m guessing my options are limited since ofxPiMapper depends on OMXPlayer and OMXPlayer depends on OMX.

Should I install Jesse or is there a foreseeable workaround to this? Or is the best option to seek out other projection mapping software?

HI, installing Jesse is not a hard thing to do and you can use a different SD card so if you want to go back to Bullseye you just swap these.
If you drill down for a workaround there must be one for sure but it can be time consuming, otherwise I wouldn’t expect anything.
There might be other options not sure, but post here if you find any.