compileOF.sh fails on linux fedora 31

As traditionally, we need to report any bugs related while trying to compile OF.
And so, this is the another time… as it goes…

./compileOF.sh: line 28: make: command not found
there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library
please report this problem in the forums

Tried both official download of_v0.11.0_linux64gcc6_release and the nightly build of_v20200218_linux64gcc6_release with the same result. Installing dependencies went ok first time (it didn’t install again when trying nightly build, cos it detected them as installed); it’s this one again - compileOF.sh

Any suggestions?

did you followed the install instructions reported here https://openframeworks.cc/setup/linux-install/ ?
In particular, did you run the install_dependencies.sh script?
It seems that you don’t have installed make on your system

Sure as hell I did the install_dependencies.sh (scripts/linux/fedora/ in my case) -

this is the first step to take when installing either linux or windows msys2 version of OpenFrameworks. Even if I run it the second time, it won’t install second time, cos it has already been installed the first time (and linux detects it).
It’s the compileOF.sh that gives the error output we are supposed to report to the forum.

What happens if you type:
make
in the same terminal window?

It looks like the make command isn’t being found.

If you don’t get an error with the make command outside of OF.

Can you try:

export MAKEFILE_DEBUG
./compileOF.sh

And paste the results?

1 Like

Thanks @theo, must admit I first tried your solution to

export MAKEFILE_DEBUG

and then

./compileOF.sh

and it compiled all nicely after this - the input in the console was all the files from the OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/ being processed and done.

Later I tried make command via terminal in the OF/scripts/linux/ folder of the nightly build, and it displays:
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

So yeah, and thanks, marking your preformatted text section response as the solution, hoping we have solved this problem for this architecture (hopefully).