Compile OF 007 with a CFBundle

Hello,
I am trying to create a bundle to use as an iTunes plugin with OF 007, based on code and help by Todd Vanderlin http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/ofxitunes-visualizer/2446/8

I am a novice at xCode, so bear with me if this is something easy to fix, but I have devoted much time to this issue. I believe the problem lies with OF being a compiled lib. The only way that I can get it to compile is by setting Symbols Hidden By Default to true (see image attached). I have gotten the plug-in to install but it breaks when I call functions similar to ofNotifyUpdate(); XCode displays no errors but many warnings, all similar to the following:

ld: warning: ofAppBaseWindow::initializeWindow()       has different visibility (default) in /Applications/OpenFrameworks/of_preRelease_v0.07_1_xcode/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/osx/openFrameworks.a(ofAppGlutWindow.o) and (hidden) in /Applications/OpenFrameworks/of_preRelease_v0.07_1_xcode/apps/iTunes/based on sdk 5/build/iTunes Viz SDK Base.build/Release/iTunes Visualizer.build/Objects-normal/i386/iTunesAppWindow.o  

When I try to open the .bundle with iTunes the following unhelpful error prints out in the Console.

The bundle "iTunes Visualizer" couldn't be loaded. (3588)  

If I do not set the Symbols Hidden By Default option to true, than the visibility warnings are gone, but it does not run in iTunes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

[attachment=0:zomiaino]iTunesSettings.png[/attachment:zomiaino]

Hi Nick
Did you get anywhere with this in the end?
If not - do you still have the source code (yours and Vanderlin’s)?

I have actually sort of got this to work with Cinder on a mac - there is some o/s code to make cinder a subview of an NSView and you can simply add it. I’m having trouble with the opengl drawing implementation so I’m going to look into it this weekend. But I’d love to get it working with OF also.
I’m also a bit of a novice when it comes to moving outside of tutorials and examples but please post me a link to whatever you have. I really want to get this to work.
Cheers
Liam