Hi Zach,

As promised the log:

-------------- Build: Debug in imageLoaderExample ---------------  

Compiling: src/main.cpp  
Compiling: src/testApp.cpp  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/app/ofAppRunner.cpp  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication/ofSerial.cpp  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp: In function ‘void ofNextContour(bool)’:  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:789: let op: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:805: let op: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:816: let op: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp: In function ‘void ofEndShape(bool)’:  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:837: let op: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:857: let op: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:868: let op: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp: At global scope:  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:471: let op: ‘tessInited’ defined but not used  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:472: let op: ‘point’ defined but not used  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofImage.cpp  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTexture.cpp  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.cpp  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundPlayer.cpp  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundPlayer.cpp: In function ‘float* ofSoundGetSpectrum(int)’:  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundPlayer.cpp:77: let op: unused variable ‘pos’  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundStream.cpp  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofMath.cpp  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofUtils.cpp  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp  
../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2474: let op: attribute ignored in declaration of ‘struct ImgReSampleContext’  
../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2474: let op: attribute for ‘struct ImgReSampleContext’ must follow the ‘struct’ keyword  
../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2485: let op: ‘ImgReSampleContext’ is deprecated (declared at ../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2479)  
../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2495: let op: ‘ImgReSampleContext’ is deprecated (declared at ../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2479)  
../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2501: let op: ‘ImgReSampleContext’ is deprecated (declared at ../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2479)  
../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2506: let op: ‘ImgReSampleContext’ is deprecated (declared at ../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2479)  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp: In member function ‘bool ofUCUtils::getFrameUC(unsigned char**)’:  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:391: let op: ‘img_convert’ is deprecated (declared at ../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2634)  
/home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:391: let op: ‘img_convert’ is deprecated (declared at ../../../libs/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2634)  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.cpp  
Compiling: ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp  
Linking console executable: bin/imageLoaderExample_debug  
Output size is 4,03 MB  
Running project post-build steps  
#  
#      copy libs and shell script to bin directory:  
#  
cp -r ../../../export/libs /home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/apps/examples/imageLoaderExample/bin/  
cp ../../../export/clickToLaunchApp.sh /home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/apps/examples/imageLoaderExample/bin/clickToLaunchApp_Debug.sh  
sed -i s/applicationName/imageLoaderExample_debug/g  /home/hans/of_preRelease_v0.05_linux_cb_FAT/apps/examples/imageLoaderExample/bin/clickToLaunchApp_Debug.sh  
#  
#    this is a shell script that can either (a) run the app or (b) launch nautilus to a good directory for you to run the app  
#  
./cb_build_runner.sh imageLoaderExample_debug false false  
#  
#     to enable either, change the custom variables in project->build options->custom variables  
#     to true / false.  
#  
#     currently this is disabled, but allows you to run the app from w/in CB.  
#  
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 8 seconds)  
17 errors, 0 warnings  

versions:
code:blocks - svn 5082 (installed with script OF)
ld: GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.18
g++:

Ingebouwde specs worden gebruikt.  
Target: i486-linux-gnu  
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,treelang --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.1.3 --program-suffix=-4.1 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-mpfr --enable-checking=release i486-linux-gnu  
Thread model: posix  
gcc versie 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)  

gcc:

Ingebouwde specs worden gebruikt.  
Target: i486-linux-gnu  
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,treelang --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.1.3 --program-suffix=-4.1 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-mpfr --enable-checking=release i486-linux-gnu  
Thread model: posix  
gcc versie 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)  

Info gcc / g++ is identical.

Hope you can work with this.

Cheers

Hans

Hi Zach,

Now I’ve seen everthing :wink:

I’m totally focused on the errors I get, but I forgot to look in the bin folder (where I found the debug binary) . When I start the clicktolaunch script the application runs. It doesn’t run from within code:blocks.

What’s going on here?

Cheers

Hans

Sorry Zach,

Next time I RTFL (read the f****g log)

Cheers

Hans

yeah there is alot of info in the read me, and two options - run the exe off the build step (ie we turn build into build and go via scripting) or even just pop up nautilus to the directory where the compile is. there is a script, in “scripts” that turns on either of those options for all cb projects or, you can do it manually for any project in the environment variables.

happy that it’s working !!

now, onto 8.04 issues :slight_smile:

best,
zach

EXE? Isn’t this the linux forum?

Parhaps now is the time to ask for an install and first-run HOWTO.

dear DEMOPOLY
relax… :slight_smile:

there is info in the readme and in the scripts folder, plus there is a very friendly community here if you come with the right attitude.

best,
zach