Compilation terminated on ./compileOF.sh - arch linux 64

I am getting a ‘compilation terminated’ error when trying to compile OF. I already used the scripts to install code::blocks and dependencies. I did however, have to modify the dependency script because it was consing a conflict between gcc and gcc-multilib.

This is the error I am getting (I am posting on the forums because that is exactly what the error said to do, and I couldn’t find a similar problem with search):
Compiling ../../../libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.cpp g++ -g3 -Wall -march=native -mtune=native -DOF_USING_GTK -DOF_USING_MPG123 -pthread -D_REENTRANT -pthread -I/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0 -I/usr/include/AL -I/usr/include/alsa -I/usr/include/GL -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I../../../libs/fmodex/include -I../../../libs/glfw/include -I../../../libs/glfw/include/GLFW -I../../../libs/kiss/include -I../../../libs/openssl/include -I../../../libs/openssl/include/openssl -I../../../libs/poco/include -I../../../libs/portaudio/include -I../../../libs/rtAudio/include -I../../../libs/tess2/include -I../../../libs/openFrameworks -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/math -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/gl -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/app -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/graphics -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/types -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/video -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/3d -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/utils -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/events -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/sound -DDEBUG -MMD -MP -MF ../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.d -MT../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.o -o ../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.o -c ../../../libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.cpp ../../../libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.cpp:5:41: fatal error: freetype2/freetype/freetype.h: No such file or directory #include "freetype2/freetype/freetype.h" ^ compilation terminated. makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:228: recipe for target '../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.o' failed make[1]: *** [../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofTrueTypeFont.o] Error 1 makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:207: recipe for target 'Debug' failed make: *** [Debug] Error 2 there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library please report this problem in the forums

Upon seeing the error I reinstalled everything that has to do with truetype fonts. Then I searched for freetype.h and got this:

┌─[xxx]──[xxxx]:~/of_v0.8.0_linux64_release/scripts/linux$ └──>>locate freetype.h /home/xxx/of_v0.8.0_linux64_release/libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h /usr/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h /usr/include/fontforge/fffreetype.h /usr/include/freetype2/freetype.h

Curiously, I installed OF two weeks ago without a problem. I had to remove it and and when reinstalling it today, I get the error. I untar’d it in my local (~) directory.

change the line

#include "freetype2/freetype/freetype.h"

to

#include "freetype2/freetype.h"

Thanks samdraz that did it!

Thank you.
I have to do the same thing for:

#include "freetype2/ftglyph.h"
#include "freetype2/ftoutln.h"
#include "freetype2/fttrigon.h"