Compilation error for ofx2DMapping addon in VS 2015 and OF version .9.3

I have added these addons as dependencies for ofx2DMapping.

ofxGuiExteneded, ofxSortableList, ofxTriangle, ofxJson,ofxInputField, ofxDom, ofxGui, ofxInputField, ofxSvg,ofxXmlSetting

First ,compiler warns about two files with the same name.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(936,5): warning MSB8027: Two or more files with the name of ofxGuiGroup.cpp will produce outputs to the same location. This can lead to an incorrect build result. The files involved are …\addons\ofxGui\src\ofxGuiGroup.cpp, …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiGroup.cpp.
1> ofxGuiGroup.cpp

and next . I get a big list of errors , ~1400 . A small list is pasted here.

1>------ Build started: Project: 2dMapping, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(936,5): warning MSB8027: Two or more files with the name of ofxGuiGroup.cpp will produce outputs to the same location. This can lead to an incorrect build result. The files involved are …\addons\ofxGui\src\ofxGuiGroup.cpp, …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiGroup.cpp.
1> ofx2DFormMapping.cpp
1> ofx2DMapping.cpp
1> ofx2DMappingView.cpp
1> ofxGuiContainer.cpp
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\dom\Types.h(83): error C2059: syntax error: ‘constant’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\dom\Types.h(83): error C3805: ‘constant’: unexpected token, expected either ‘}’ or a ‘,’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\dom\Types.h(212): warning C4521: ‘DOM::Any’: multiple copy constructors specified (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(21): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(21): error C2143: syntax error: missing ‘,’ before ‘&’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(29): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(29): error C2143: syntax error: missing ‘,’ before ‘&’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(31): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(31): error C2143: syntax error: missing ‘,’ before ‘&’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(104): error C3646: ‘getTheme’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(104): error C2059: syntax error: ‘(’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(104): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ‘;’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(105): error C3646: ‘getGlobalConfigTheme’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(105): error C2059: syntax error: ‘(’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(105): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ‘;’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(120): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(120): error C2143: syntax error: missing ‘,’ before ‘&’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(121): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(121): error C2143: syntax error: missing ‘,’ before ‘&’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(175): error C3646: ‘theme’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(175): error C2059: syntax error: ‘,’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(175): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ‘;’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>C:\puttu\of\wp\libs\openFrameworks\types\ofParameter.h(404): error C2182: ‘v’: illegal use of type ‘void’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1> c:\puttu\of\wp\addons\ofxguiextended\src\containers…/ofxGuiElement.h(177): note: see reference to class template instantiation ‘ofParameter’ being compiled (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)
1>C:\puttu\of\wp\libs\openFrameworks\types\ofParameter.h(405): error C2182: ‘v’: illegal use of type ‘void’ (compiling source file …\addons\ofxGuiExtended\src\containers\ofxGuiContainer.cpp)

this list goes on…

am i missing something? please help me to fix this.

this seems like maybe an issue with ofxGuiExtended (which I’m not familiar with) - did you file an issue on the repo ?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have used the same .
I am using latest .9.3 OF and even when trying to compile ofxGuiExtened examples I am facing the same issues. any suggestions?

Hey, thanks for testing the addon!

I just updated ofxGuiExtended to work with the current OF master branch, check it out! And don’t include ofxGui there, the new ofxGuiExtended version does not depend on it.

The master branch of ofx2DMapping is running with an older version of ofxGuiExtended. I have updated code, but it’s not done yet and the example is not working. I got some errors due to the vector changes in OF that have to be resolved in other addons first so this may take a bit.

You can use the ofx2DMapping master branch with the old ofxGuiExtended and ofxSortableList versions (ofxGuiExtended v0.1, ofxSortableList v0.1).

Hey Frauzufall,
Finally it worked…

ofx2DMapping (master) + ofxGuiExtended v0.1, + ofxSortableList v0.1 + ofxGui + ofxTriangle + ofxXmlSettings + ofxSVG

in windows we get compilation error for ofxTriangle (errors ) but this can be resolved by

• #define NO_TIMER at the top of triangle_imp.hpp and having a release build.

Dear frauzufall,
Thanks for the support. I tried ofx2DMapping addon for days, it works
perfectly fine.
appreciate your great contribution.

Thanks and Regards.
Arun