CodeBlocks debugger

How can I use the debugging functionality in CodeBlocks? When I set a breakpoint it won’t stopp there. Anyone?

PS. theo/zach: could you add CodeBlocks to the Forum Index under compilers? I couldn’t find a good place to post this message.

(moved to a new CB win32 forum - zach)

Hi guys,

Sorry to drag up a super old post but I’m also trying (and failing) to use the Debugger in CodeBlocks (windows 8, codeblocks 12.11, of 8) - when I set a breakpoint it just ignores it. In the debug log it says:

Reading symbols from C:\Users\Mick\Documents\Software\of_v0.8.0_win_cb_release\of_v0.8.0_win_cb_release\apps\myApps\AbsolutVerticalOpenNI\bin\AbsolutVerticalOpenNI.exe…(no debugging symbols found)…done.

If I change the build target from release to debug and try again it says ‘Build Failed, do you want to debug anyway’ and then gets no further.

In Settings >> Compiler the compiler directory is set as ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW’ with the Debugger as GDB/CDB debugger : Default.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I am running into the same issue. Did anyone find a solution yet?

Just FYI: I am now able to debug in codeblocks. I rebuilt the entire project and most importantly (and this was admittedly a pretty stupid mistake) I use the red play button and not the green one to debug.