./clickToLaunchApp.sh: 5: ./applicationName: not found

Hi forum,

after installing codeblocks, and downloading OF 0.04, i try to execute the .sh file you mention this way:

tirengarfio@dellgarpe:~/0.04_cb/export$ ./clickToLaunchApp.sh   
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/export  

Is that an error? Im not an Linux expert user, so take care…

Im using Ubuntu Studio 7.04

I think this is a bug with the newer versions of codeblocks, they are not executing the post build step of putting the “export” folder in the right place.

see this thread - someone describes the same issue and fixes it by using an earlier version :

http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/linux-first-release-0.02-codeblocks/136/0

the export folder is a folder that will get copied into the folder where your compiled app is, it has all of the .so files and scripts needed to run the app. Somehow, newer codeblocks fails with this step. so running the script in that folder wont work at all - it’s basically a script that has a dummy variable “applicationName” that will get changed by the post build step and put in the right place, like graphicsExample/bin/release…

can I ask you to try the exact version of code::blocks that I put up in the instructions? The person on that thread said rolling back helps. I’m not sure when codeblocks made the change but I will look for a fix.

if you are curious to see that apps in action, try the command line version where you can easily build all and all the post build steps work fine.

many thanks!
zach

[quote author=“zach”]I think this is a bug with the newer versions of codeblocks, they are not executing the post build step of putting the “export” folder in the right place.

see this thread - someone describes the same issue and fixes it by using an earlier version :

http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/linux-first-release-0.02-codeblocks/136/0

[/quote]

thanks zach, I have just tried using the 22 June 2007 codeblock release and Ubuntu 7.10 (as the post you linked me says) and the problem is the same…you know: ./applicationName: not found.

hi

it definitely should work. are you sure you are not clicking the .sh file in the export directory ? where is this .sh file located?

open one of the samples, compile it and navigate to that directory —
in the place where the application is complied ie (apps/graphicsExample/bin/release) do you see a .clickToLaunch ?

if that .sh file doesn’t work, please let us know…

thanks!
zach

Im executing clickToLaunchApp file at export folder this way:

tirengarfio@dellgarpe:~/0.04_cb/export$ ./clickToLaunchApp.sh   
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/export  

Is it ok?

hi I will say it again:

_the export folder is just that - a folder that gets exported to the folder you are copmiling, it doesn’t have any apps to run inside of it. thus the error you are getting. there is nothing there! - it is what is exported to the apps once you compile. what’s in export is generic -
_

instead of
tirengarfio@dellgarpe:~/0.04_cb/export
you should be looking and working in :
tirengarfio@dellgarpe:~/0.04_cb/apps

please -

a) open one of the apps in code blocks
b) compile
c) navigate to that folder
d) look in bin/release
e) try that .clickToLaunch

try that and let me know if you don’t understand …

thanks!
zach

thanks for being patient zach

These are my steps.

1. I open CB
  2. File>Open> go to /0.04/apps/soundPlayerFFTExample and open the .cbp file
  3. Build >“Compile current file” is not able, so i push Build.
  4. The Build Messages tab shows this:

:: === soundPlayerFFTExample, Debug ===  
../../libs/fobs/inc/Decoder.h:54: aviso: ‘class omnividea::fobs::Decoder’ tiene funciones virtuales pero destructores no virtuales  
../../libs/fobs/inc/Decoder.h:54: aviso: ‘class omnividea::fobs::Decoder’ tiene funciones virtuales pero destructores no virtuales  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:: In function ‘void ofNextContour(bool)’:  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:772: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:788: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:799: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:: In function ‘void ofEndShape(bool)’:  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:820: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:840: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:851: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:466: aviso: se definió ‘tessInited’ pero no se usa  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:467: aviso: se definió ‘point’ pero no se usa  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundPlayer.cpp:: In function ‘float* ofSoundGetSpectrum(int)’:  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundPlayer.cpp:76: aviso: variable ‘pos’ sin usar  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofV4LUtils.h:: In function ‘int getV4L_Width()’:  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofV4LUtils.h:401: aviso: el control alcanza el final de una función que no es void  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofV4LUtils.h:: In function ‘int getV4L_Height()’:  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofV4LUtils.h:396: aviso: el control alcanza el final de una función que no es void  
../../libs/fobs/inc/Decoder.h:192: aviso: se usa la función inline ‘virtual omnividea::fobs::FrameIndex omnividea::fobs::Decoder::getFrameIndex()’ pero nunca se definió  
../../libs/fobs/inc/Decoder.h:193: aviso: se usa la función inline ‘virtual double omnividea::fobs::Decoder::getFrameTime()’ pero nunca se definió  
:: === Build finished: 22 errors, 0 warnings ===  

1. I go to /0.04_cb/apps/soundPlayerFFTExample/bin/Release but there isn’t .clickToLaunch file

regards

ah!!

ok, you are not getting a compile (the copying of the export folder happens after the building of the application) – but now I am wondering what the errors are – the messages you post look like warnings to me, aviso = warning, right?. Those are the warning messages I get, but usually at the end it says:

=== Build finished: 0 errors, 22 warnings ===
as opposed to :
=== Build finished: 22 errors, 0 warnings ===

it could be that the compiler is treating all warnings as errors (that’s an option in some compilers). is that the whole text of the compiler output?
do you know if you altered anything in the codeblocks compiler or with the project?

I’m going to check codeblocks in a second and see if there aren’t some settings that could do that. I am a little bit confused, but we are now much closer to getting up and running…

thanks!!
zach

hi - I checked codeblocks and it is true : I get 22 warnings, 0 errors, not 22 errors and 0 warnings … hmmmmm…

can I ask you to post the entire build log (or to put it online somewhere) which has some more info then the build messages.

did you alter any of the settings or the project, or is everything clean (ie, just as you downloaded it / etc). can you also post the .cbp of the applciation you are trying to compile. I just want to see what compile options are specified. It should be just “-Wall” which warns for everything. There is another option which treats warnings as errors, and my suspicion is that either (a) that is somehow activated or (b) there is a bug with that version of codeblocks that could relate to the spanish language…

thanks much
and thanks for being patient too !!
zach

It is strange…

This time, I have just opened CB, i have open 0.04_cb/apps/soundPlayerFFTExample/soundPlayerFFTExample.cbp , then i have build it and this is what “Build log” tab shows:

-------------- Build: Debug in soundPlayerFFTExample ---------------  
Target is up to date.  
Running project post-build steps  
cp -r ../../export/libs bin/Debug/bin/Debug  
cp: no se puede crear el directorio `bin/Debug/bin/Debug': No existe el fichero ó directorio  
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)  
0 errors, 0 warnings  

Then i press the Run icon and appears like a terminal window that says:

/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/apps/soundPlayerFFTExample/bin/Debug/soundPlayerFFTExample:error while loading shared libraries: libfmodex.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory  

Press ENTER to continue.  

Then I go to /0.04_cb/apps/soundPlayerFFTExample/bin/Release but there isn’t .clickToLaunch file

I’m sorry because my spanish is not so good, I think this:

cp -r …/…/export/libs bin/Debug/bin/Debug
cp: no se puede crear el directorio `bin/Debug/bin/Debug’: No existe el fichero ó directorio

is saying that the directory Debug doesn’t exit - so I think somehow codeblock made a mistake thinking the target was up to date. since the directory doesn’t exist, nothing from export is copied including the clickToLaunchApp.sh.

can you do “clean” then “build” and post the output ? that will force the compiler to start from the beginning and will be helpful to see where it is gettiing stuck.

many thanks!
zach

Hi

This happened to me once with of0.03 and codeblocks svn4554 I think.
When compiling, codeblocks was trying to copy export/libs and export/clickToLaunch.sh to bin/Debug/bin/Debug instead of to bin/Debug, I edited with a text editor the cbp codeblocks project file (.cbp) of the example and substituted this lines:

with

and that solved the problem.

thanks arturo! with that modification works!

then i go to /home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/apps/soundPlayerFFTExample/bin/Debug/ and i found the soundPlayerFFTExample.sh

so funny that soundPlayerFFTExample…

sorry zach, i forgot translating, your translations is correct . Anyway, if i dont do the arturo’s modification, when i open the project i go to Build>clean and then to then Build>build it gives me this errors

:: === soundPlayerFFTExample, Debug ===  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:: In function ‘void ofNextContour(bool)’:  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:772: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:788: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:799: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:: In function ‘void ofEndShape(bool)’:  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:820: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:840: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:851: aviso: comparación entre expresiones enteras signed y unsigned  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:466: aviso: se definió ‘tessInited’ pero no se usa  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:467: aviso: se definió ‘point’ pero no se usa  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundPlayer.cpp:: In function ‘float* ofSoundGetSpectrum(int)’:  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofSoundPlayer.cpp:76: aviso: variable ‘pos’ sin usar  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofV4LUtils.h:: In function ‘int getV4L_Width()’:  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofV4LUtils.h:401: aviso: el control alcanza el final de una función que no es void  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofV4LUtils.h:: In function ‘int getV4L_Height()’:  
/home/tirengarfio/0.04_cb/libs/openFrameworks/video/ofV4LUtils.h:396: aviso: el control alcanza el final de una función que no es void  
../../libs/fobs/inc/Decoder.h:192: aviso: se usa la función inline ‘virtual omnividea::fobs::FrameIndex omnividea::fobs::Decoder::getFrameIndex()’ pero nunca se definió  
../../libs/fobs/inc/Decoder.h:193: aviso: se usa la función inline ‘virtual double omnividea::fobs::Decoder::getFrameTime()’ pero nunca se definió  
:: === Build finished: 22 errors, 0 warnings ===  

thanks both!