Clang: error: no such file or directory: '../../../libs/fmod/lib/osx/libfmod.dylib' Command Ld failed with a nonzero exit code

on Xcode Version 13.4.1 (13F100) & Mac 12.0.1

Trying to get an example project to run from OfxSoundAnalyzer, was having a Mach-o linker error so replaced the file changed the build phase run script as stated here: Building in macOS 11.0 Big Sur

clang: error: no such file or directory: ‘…/…/…/libs/fmod/lib/osx/libfmod.dylib’ Command Ld failed with a nonzero exit code

Now I am getting this error, any suggestions?

are you using latest from github or some specific release?

If you are using a project from an addon you may need to update it via the project generator — sometimes older project files don’t compile with newer OF

I created a new project using the project generator with the same add-ons and copied the code & still had this problem. What do you think?

@hakibags - do the examples run for you without issue?

Edit: you will need 0.11.2 for macOS 12.0 so if you are not using 0.11.2 that is most likely the issue.

You can grab 0.11.2 or the nightly build for macOS at the bottom of this page:
https://openframeworks.cc/download/

If the examples of 0.11.2 or the nightly build work for you then, you should be good to go. :slight_smile:

Hey thanks for response,

Just downloaded the nightly build, the OF examples seem to be working okay.

It’s when I try open the example-rmsinput from ofxaudioanalyzer i’m getting this error message

clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/…./Documents/of_v20220906_osx_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/osx/openFrameworksDebug.a'
Command Ld failed with a nonzero exit code`Preformatted text`

This example is in /addons/ofxaudioanalyzer/example-rmsinput