Can't #include Poco/Net/NetworkInterface.h (codeblocks)

I’m playing around with Poco on CodeBlocks, using http://www.openframeworks.cc/files/of-p-…-noApps.zip

It’s generally speaking working, but I’m having problems with the NetworkInterface class. As soon as I include the header
#include “Poco/Net/NetworkInterface.h”

(just adding that one line to the poco EmptyExample, for example), I get these errors:

…\libs\poco\includes\Poco\Net\NetworkInterface.h|73|error: expected ,' or…’ before “struct”|
…\libs\poco\includes\Poco\Net\NetworkInterface.h|79|error: expected ,' or…’ before “struct”|

Need I say there are no signs of “struct” in the indicated file. (Why is that the compiler constantly reports other errors than what’s actually wrong? :slight_smile:

Has anybody used this class? Is it a CodeBlocks problem? It seems the Poco people are using VC, maybe it works there?

/ Bridell

Hi

Just so you know, the problem persists in the bootleg 006pre-Win-CB.rar I just got my hands on.

I dug a little deeper, It seems to have be because the NetworkInterface constructors use “interface” as a parameter name.

“interface” is #defined in MinGW\include\basetyps.h

I changed the line

NetworkInterface(const NetworkInterface& interface);

to

NetworkInterface(const NetworkInterface& anotherNetworkInterface);

(and the same trick again a little further down)

This lets the header file pass the compiler. By now I’ve almost forgotten why I needed to include that file in the first place… TBC.
/ Bridell

thanks ! that’s good info

I guess we will see that more and more as we combine libraries, so it’s nice to document those changes and offer feedback to the poco developers, for example.

take care!
zach

Yeah.
I filed this as a bug on the SourceForge Poco project.
/bridell