Can't get OF compiled

Hi,
I’m trying to compile the library, however, I keep getting this error:

$ ./compileOF.sh
makefileCommon/config.shared.mk:259: *** couldn’t find some pkg-config packages, did you run the latest install_dependencies.sh?. Stop.
there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library
please report this problem in the forums
chown: cannot access ‘…/lib/linux64/*’: No such file or directory
[jude@ms1 linux]$

The OF version is 0.8.0, which I’ve downloaded from the website itself(of_v0.8.0_linux64_release.tar.gz).

I’ve executed the install_dependencies.sh, install_codecs.sh and install_codeblocks.sh scripts for Fedora. This is a fresh installation of Fedora 20.

What could be causing this?

Not a dev or a Fedora user, but I can take a crack at this. It looks like it failing to find one of the packages, so what’s the output if you run this:

pkg-config cairo zlib gstreamer-app-0.10 gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-video-0.10 gstreamer-base-0.10 libudev freetype2 fontconfig sndfile openal portaudio-2.0 openssl libpulse-simple alsa gl glu glew gtk+-2.0 libmpg123 --exists --print-errors

This should be almost verbatim the command which is failing, except that it will print out the errors, instead of hiding them.

This is what I get:

Package openssl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing openssl.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'openssl' found Package libpulse-simple was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containinglibpulse-simple.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘libpulse-simple’ found
Package gtk±2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk±2.0.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘gtk±2.0’ found

So, three packages haven’t been found, one of them is gtk+ which isn’t necessary for the compile (but it will use if it’s there).

To install the other two try this:

yum install pulseaudio-libs-devel openssl-devel

I think this ought to let OF compile.

1 Like

Hey,
Thanks a lot! That worked perfectly!

1 Like

Another Fedora 20 user here with the same problem starting a compile of OF 0.8.0. This solved this issue, thanks!

Hey,
I have the same problem, I’m not able to either compile OF nor any programs. Same error message.
Unfortunately the ‘pkg-config…’ command does not anything. No output at all, although the ‘–exsists’ flag should give one.

I am running Debian 7 wheezy

Any idea?

Thank you very much!!!

Did you run the entire pkg-config command including the --print-errors flag? --exists by itself only doesn’t print anything, just returns a boolean value (it’s really designed for use in a script.)

The command I posted above will also not print any output if pkg-config finds all of those packages. It only prints when it hasn’t found a package.

If you’ve run the command exactly and it still won’t compile can you post the result you got from running ./compileOF.sh?

Also, are you trying to compile version 0.8.1 or 0.8.0?

Cheers,
Nick