Can't create Ad-Hoc IPA for testing..? This might work.

I’m using the ofxiPhone 007 pre-release on XCode 4.2, and had a lot of trouble creating an ad-hoc IPA file tonight. (On XCode 3 I had no problems creating these). I got this message when trying to share the Archive:

[Your App Name] does not contain a single-bundle application or contains multiple products.   
Please select another archive, or adjust your scheme to create a single-bundle application.  

I found a solution to this problem here, and adapted it a little bit to work for OF. Assuming you based your project on emptyExample or something like that.

• Click on the iPhone+OF Lib.xcodeproject which should be a child of your App’s project.

• Click on the Project iPhone+OF Lib and go to the Build Settings > Deployment. Set “Skip Install” to Yes.

• Click on the Target iPhone+OF Static Library, go to the Build Settings > Deployment. Also set this “Skip Install” to Yes.

Works for me!

You’ll need to do this for App Store submissions too.

Also needed when using the delightful Testflight, at testflightapp.com.

Exactly :slight_smile: That’s what I was creating the IPA for. TestFlight rocks!
Offtopic: Have you by any chance tried out using their SDK in combination with OF?

I have, in fact–it’s been working like a champ! It uploads crash logs, logs events, pretty much seems to work as advertised…

@ eelke
mega thanx!
this was driving me nuts! * )

.r

while trying to ARCHIVE that:
no file libofxiPhone_iphoneos_Release.a found…
I removed that from binaries linked to lib.
then it works

but…
to be sure
Which scheme should I choose? and how can I add automatically the bin to Organizer?

any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi julien,

I’m having the same problem as you, an error re the missing libofxiphone file - how did you remove that link from the binaries? Did you simply remove the file in the finder, or did you change one of the project target link settings? I’ve looked at the project & OF library settings and can’t find a link to remove or edit, any help here would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
J

if i remember correctly this first bug, I had to sign my code using my iphone developer certificate and it worked.
In any cases, this worked:

I found a solution to this problem here, and adapted it a little bit to work for OF. Assuming you based your project on emptyExample or something like that.

Click on the iPhone+OF Lib.xcodeproject which should be a child of your App’s project.
Click on the Project iPhone+OF Lib and go to the Build Settings > Deployment. Set “Skip Install” to Yes.
Click on the Target iPhone+OF Static Library, go to the Build Settings > Deployment. Also set this “Skip Install” to Yes.

Hi Julien,

Thanks for responding so soon! Your advice (and others on this forum) solved that problem for me, thanks.

The problem I now have is this;

while trying to ARCHIVE that:
no file libofxiPhone_iphoneos_Release.a found…
I removed that from binaries linked to lib.

How did you manage to remove the link to libofxiphone_iphoneos_release.a ?

Cheers,
J

I was fighting with this same issue for over too long

when I stumbled on this solution:

worked like a charm, I finally could do Release Build.

thanks!