Can't compile projectGenerator for android

Hi,
Posted this on the android category too, but I’m not getting any answers. I’m trying to compile the projectGenerator for the 0.11.0 version for android, by running compileLinuxPG.sh and I get this output:

make: Entering directory '/home/alexandros/Applications/openFrameworks/of_v0.11.0_android_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine'
/home/alexandros/Applications/openFrameworks/of_v0.11.0_android_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/config.shared.mk:217: *** This package doesn't support your platform, /home/alexandros/Applications/openFrameworks/of_v0.11.0_android_release/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project probably you downloaded the wrong package?.  Stop.
make: Leaving directory '/home/alexandros/Applications/openFrameworks/of_v0.11.0_android_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine'
There has been a problem compiling the command line projectGenerator.
Please report this problem in the forums.

I don’t think I have downloaded the wrong package as I’m on Ubuntu Studio 19.10, so this script should compile without issues.
Even though the android examples compile fine and run on my phone, I can’t get an app of my own to compile, and using the projectGenerator will probably make things a lot easier as I’m getting some linking problems.
Any idea how to compile the projectGenerator for android on a Linux machine?
Thanks

Hi!

Are you using this call?
scripts/android/compileLinuxPG.sh

Did you follow the guide here?:
https://openframeworks.cc/setup/android-studio/

If you did all of the above - could you do:
export MAKEFILE_DEBUG=1

before running scripts/android/compileLinuxPG.sh

And paste the section just above and just after this line?

=================== config.mk platform detection ================

Are you using this call?
scripts/android/compileLinuxPG.sh

Yes, that’s what I used.

If you did all of the above - could you do:
export MAKEFILE_DEBUG=1

Ok, did that and that’s what I get before the line you mention:

make: Entering directory '/home/alexandros/Applications/openFrameworks/of_v0.11.0_android_release/apps/projectGenerator/commandLine'
HOST_OS=Linux
PLATFORM_ARCH=x86_64
PLATFORM_OS=Linux
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_OS=Linux
CROSS_COMPILING=0
PLATFORM_VARIANT=default
IS_RASPBIAN=

and this is want I get just after the line:

PLATFORM_ARCH=x86_64
PLATFORM_OS=Linux
PLATFORM_VARIANT=default
PLATFORM_LIB_SUBPATH=linux64

I think I see the issue.
The compileLinuxPG.sh is expecting the linux64/ platform project files - but they are being removed from the android release. So the script is unable to build the Project Generator.

If you download the linux64 release of OF and add
libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/linux64 to the android libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project folder does it work for you?

If you download the linux64 release of OF and add
libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/linux64 to the android libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project folder does it work for you?

Ok, did that and it started compiling, but then gave this error:

In file included from /home/alexandros/Applications/openFrameworks/of_v0.11.0_android_release/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofOpenALSoundPlayer.cpp:1:
/home/alexandros/Applications/openFrameworks/of_v0.11.0_android_release/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofOpenALSoundPlayer.h:19:10: fatal error: kiss_fft.h: No such file or directory
   19 | #include "kiss_fft.h"

Maybe I should start removing lines until it compiles? But then maybe the projectGenerator will lose some functionalities? Not sure, but this is what I understand from this process.

yeah I think mostly the issue is use need all the files from the linux64 release and android release merged as it is in the main repo.

Maybe as a workaround you could build the projectGenerator in the linux64 download:
https://openframeworks.cc/setup/linux-install/ ( See the compilePG steps )

Then copy the apps/projectGenerator/ folder from the linux64 download to the Android download?
Then you should be able to use the projectGenerator to generate Android projects ( hopefully ).

I’ll open an issue for this.

That sort of did the trick as I can create some projects, but for some reason that I can’t understand, using some project names won’t work. Specifically if I try to give to a project a name that starts with a number, Android studio can’t build it. For now I’m working with the androidEmptyExample by writing code there and I can create the app I want. Haven’t tried to change the name of the app in order not to break anything.
Thanks for the help.