Can't compile OF on Linux

I’m trying to compile openFrameworks-0.8.4 on Debian Jessie XFCE and I’m getting problems. I’m following the instructions here http://openframeworks.cc/setup/linux-install/ but it’s failing at the ./compileOF.sh step, where I get the following:
makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:228: recipe for target '../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofRtAudioSoundStream.o' failed make[1]: *** [../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/linux64/obj/Debug/libs/openFrameworks/sound/ofRtAudioSoundStream.o] Error 1 makefileCommon/compile.core.mk:207: recipe for target 'Debug' failed make: *** [Debug] Error 2 there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library please report this problem in the forums

I found this thread and tried what the second post suggests, and the only packages that weren’t found where all the gstreamer-0.10. Maybe there’s another version of gstreamer I need for 0.8.4?
Running:
dpkg -l | grep 'gstreamer'
gives this:
gstreamer0.10-alsa:amd64 gstreamer0.10-plugins-base:amd64 gstreamer1.0-alsa:amd64 gstreamer1.0-libav:amd64 gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad:amd64 gstreamer1.0-plugins-base:amd64 gstreamer1.0-plugins-base:i386 gstreamer1.0-plugins-good:amd64 gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly:amd64 gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio:amd64 gstreamer1.0-x:amd64
The funny thing is that I’ve downloaded OF-0.8.4 from GitHub a few days ago (that’s because I want to use the ofxPd addon and 0.8.4 is one of the supported versions) and didn’t compile it (I’ve already compiled 0.9.1 on my machine) and could run examples fine. Then I tried to configure rtAudio to use Jack and things started getting messed up and thought of compiling OF-0.8.4 from scratch.

Have to note that I’m not an OF user, but I need it cause I work with a colleague who uses it. Hence I might be missing something obvious here…

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Eventually I managed to run some examples of ofxPd addon on 0.9.1 so I guess I won’t be needing to compile 0.8.4. Any way, if anyone knows a solution to this, I’d be grateful.

Thanks

I had to use this command for it to start compiling for me:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/:/usr/share/pkgconfig/" ./compileOF.sh