Can't compile oF 0.10.1 on Fedora 29

I suddenly am unable to compile any oF projects in 0.10.1 on Fedora 29. I’m assuming a recent update to my system broke something but this might affect other users.

Something seems to have changed in openGL for some weird reason.

Here is the first error, all the others are similar:

In file included from /home/dimitri/Documents/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofConstants.h:212,
                 from /home/dimitri/Documents/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.h:3,
                 from /home/dimitri/Documents/of_v0.10.1_linux64gcc6_release/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofGraphics.cpp:1:
/usr/include/GL/glext.h:12066:105: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void (* PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC)(GLenum, GLenum, const GLfloat*)'
 typedef void (APIENTRYP PFNGLFRAGMENTLIGHTFVSGIXPROC) (GLenum light, GLenum pname, const GLfloat *params);
                                                                                                         ^

Whole output :
compile_error.zip (4.6 KB)

Should I open an issue on github?

this is fixed in git already, the nightly builds should contain the fix too

Awesome thanks !

Tried the nightly but it still didn’t work…

that’s strange, this is the change that would fix it:

can you check that your ofConstants.h has that change?

If I apply the changes manually from the commit it seems to be working on 0.10.1…
I’ll retry the nightly to check.

I can confirm that the patch works on the 0.10.1 zip, but the nightly does NOT have the changes. I used this version : “of_v20181128_linux64gcc6_release”.

Issue remains with latest 8ad1fbb26bc88df40f0769830a92baaa0d2b30dd nightly :confused:

should be fixed in tomorrow’s nightly

Looking forward to test it !

Nightly works great, thanks !