Can't compile examples using vs express 2008

Hi All,

A newby here, when I tried to compile I get this message and no results!

1>------ Build started: Project: Graphics example, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling…
1>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option ‘Wp64’ has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
1>main.cpp
1>c:\users\evertmacvista\desktop\of_prerelease_v0061_vs2008\apps\examples\graphicsexample\src\main.cpp(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘ofMain.h’: No such file or directory
1>testApp.cpp
1>c:\users\evertmacvista\desktop\of_prerelease_v0061_vs2008\apps\examples\graphicsexample\src\testapp.h(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘ofMain.h’: No such file or directory
1>Generating Code…
1>Build log was saved at “file://c:\Users\evertmacvista\Desktop\of_preRelease_v0061_vs2008\apps\examples\graphicsExample\Debug\BuildLog.htm”
1>Graphics example - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I have followed the instructions and read some old post but still nothing!

any help will be very much appreciated

cheers

Evert

have you moved the libs folder out of openframeworks:

what does:

**c:\users\evertmacvista\desktop\of_prerelease_v0061_vs2008\

look like?

you should see:

apps
libs
other

etc.

can you check that:

*c:\users\evertmacvista\desktop\of_prerelease_v0061_vs2008\libs\openFrameworks*

exists and especially that it’s content hasn’t been moved or altered? the vcproj refers locally to the folders in libs (ie, …\libs)

(AdditionalIncludeDirectories: “…\libs\openFrameworks; …\libs…”)

so the project is going to look for ofMain relative the project file. Right now, visual studio is complaining that it can’t find ofMain.h which makes me wonder if that folder hasn’t been altered (since it should work straight out of the box).

hope that helps!

best,
zach

Hi Zach,

Thanks for replying, It turns out that I had moved the folders when unzipping them.

I unzipped everything again and it;s now working.

Cheers!

Evert

sweet –

glad that it’s working out for you now,

have fun !!