Cannot compile project with OpenCV

Dear developers and users,

I am trying to compile this project:

on Linux

I think I set up the ofx framework with all its libraries, indeed, running make in
…/Level-of-Confidence/code/LOC_21_dev’
gives this:

[0:26:51]
HOST_OS=Linux
checking pkg-config libraries:   cairo zlib gstreamer-app-1.0 gstreamer-1.0 gstreamer-video-1.0 gstreamer-base-1.0 libudev freetype2 fontconfig sndfile openal libcurl glfw3 rtaudio libpulse-simple alsa gl glu glew gtk+-3.0 libmpg123 
with PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=
Compiling OF library for Release
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/cocco/coder/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project'
HOST_OS=Linux
checking pkg-config libraries:   cairo zlib gstreamer-app-1.0 gstreamer-1.0 gstreamer-video-1.0 gstreamer-base-1.0 libudev freetype2 fontconfig sndfile openal libcurl glfw3 rtaudio libpulse-simple alsa gl glu glew gtk+-3.0 libmpg123 
with PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=
HOST_OS=Linux
with PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=
^XHOST_OS=Linux
with PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=
Done!
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/cocco/coder/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project'

after this the process enter into:

Compiling LOC_21_dev for Release
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/cocco/coder/Level-of-Confidence/code/LOC_21_dev'
HOST_OS=Linux
with PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=
^Cmake: *** [/home/cocco/coder/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:129: Release] 

but I have to interrupt because the terminal starts to puke meaningless symbols, it says there are stray symbols in the files of the Level-of-confidence project.

Eventually it crashes onto this:

make[1]: *** [/home/cocco/coder/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:217: obj/linux64/Release/src/ofxFaceRecognizer.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/cocco/coder/Level-of-Confidence/code/LOC_21_dev'
make: *** [/home/cocco/coder/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:129: Release] Error 2

I am running Arch Linux, and since the prject I want to compile uses objective-C I installed gnustep.

Can you help me debugging this?

thanks very much
Cocconat

If you are using ofxOpenCv with arch linux you will need to use the OF nightly builds. In any case if they are using objective C, the openframeworks makefiles ignore those files in linux, but it’s also probably that they use it to access macos propietary apis so even if you managed to compile it i doubt it would work