Can you work with a Stereoscopic Camera?

Hey,
So I’m working on a project and time is running out. I posted a question earlier about people tracking and got some killer feedback. I’m working on some techniques now to get some better results. It does look like the best solution overall is to use a bumble bee (stereoscopic camera).

I need to be able to track people at street level in what I think is a very uncontrolled environment. I need to get the bumblebee to work on within OF.

If you think that you can get a BumbleBee to work in OpenFrameworks and better yet on a mac we will hire you. Please contact me if you are interested.

http://www.ptgrey.com/products/bumblebee2/index.asp

Thanks,
Todd Vanderlin

todd [at] vanderlin.cc

I remember Golan pulled one of these out of his bag, I bet he knows.

Can’t wait to see what happens with this thing once it’s intended use is complete :slight_smile:

I’ve never actually used a bumblebee, but i did get AVR cameras to work with oF on a mac with libdc1394, and then a few guys (jgl, etc) got some cameras to work off that. Since they’re supposed to be compatible with libdc1394 i feel like i could probably get one to work. I cant exactly come up to boston since im fulltime at parsons, but i could give it a shot if you want to talk about how to do that

Why didn’t someone call? :cry:

Did you get it working Todd?

JGL