can oF do this? some questions for a starter

howdy y’all,

got a few questions to ask before i really settle down into the c++/oF world. just things to clear some air for myself.

* im looking to make full music software with oF, is this possible. this would be for free and also purchasable items.
* can you use xcode 3/4 interface builder with oF and not go down a cocoa path.

i think that might be it. these are just the bigger ones for myself that need to be clear. i do know that it is c++, and have been doing c learning for a while. but moving around frameworks can just be a bit confusing sometimes. its like starting any programming all over again.

if anyone has any good pointer, they are welcome.

cheers

* im looking to make full music software with oF, is this possible. this would be for free and also purchasable items.

Yes, audio samples are definitely doable, but doing real audio synthesis is a bit tricky. There’s a few different addons that you can look at for generating sounds, my favorite for sure is ofxMaxim.

* can you use xcode 3/4 interface builder with oF and not go down a cocoa path.

That’s also a bit tricky. I know that there are addons for cocoa that allow you use the NIB building and other OSX native features. I think you do need to be pretty comfortable with Objective C already to use them though. You might take a look at https://github.com/HalfdanJ/ofxCocoaPlugins to start with as I know he’s been keeping that fairly up to date.

cool, thanks for your response.

aye, im not looking to do pure audio synthesis, yet :wink: just something for samples right now that i can build a/d/s/r and other stuff that max/msp can do for me, like granular and sequencing. just in code instead.

but will look into your suggestions

thanks