Can I develop an OF 0.10.0 app for iOS using Mac OS X Yosemite?

I am new to Mac & iOS development, and am trying to learn how much I need to spend on Apple hardware to do that.

I have a MacBook Pro from 2012 running OS X Yosemite at present.

Can I get an iPhone 6 (to two-factor ID so I can register an Apple Developer account) and then build & sign iOS apps on the Mac running Yosemite? Or would I need to at least update it to El Capitan or some later version of OS X before I will really have all I need to develop iOS apps?

Thanks!

To answer my own question, in case anyone else searches up this question, the answer turned out to be no.

While I could program iOS apps on Yosemite and manually install them on individual iOS devices, the Apple Store would not allow me to publish them without much more recent version of xCode on my development system, and later xCode versions require later MacOS versions, which require more recent Mac hardware versions.

So I got a lot of work done and then when I thought I was ready to publish to the Apple Store, I learned that I’d need to buy newer hardware. By that time, it was 2019, and even newer versions were required. I ended up buying a newer MacBook that could run MacOS Catalina, so I could run the latest xCode. High Sierra would also have worked, but it seemed like going for Catalina might buy me a bit more time before I may need to get yet another MacBook for some future requirement.