Hello to the OF Community!
I’m posting on behalf of the TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace to announce our 2014-Call-for-Submissions. As a non-profit charitable organization, TIFF Kids sincerely appreciates any help you can provide in sharing our call for entries with interactive & new media artists, game designers, and other creators!
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS | TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace 2014: Interactive Playground for Children and Families
TIFF Kids is one of the largest childrens film festivals in the world. The TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace presented during TIFF Kids is an interactive playground experience planned to run six weeks from March to April 2014. In 2013 over 12,000 family and student visitors ages 3-13 embarked on interactive adventures filled with laughter, learning and engagement with media technologies, art installations, learning-centric games, mobile apps, creative tools and hands-on production activities.
TIFF Kids is seeking FUN and EDUCATIONAL, FAMILY-FRIENDLY INTERACTIVE ARTWORKS, GAMES and OTHER DIGITAL MEDIA EXPERIENCES including but not limited to:
- multi-user interactive projection pieces;
- multi-player videogames and interactive play experiences (screen based and non-screen-based);
- VR (e.g. Oculus Rift), interactive holography, innovative or immersive visualization experiences;
- moving image based digital creative tools, digital modeling activities, interactive animation, stop-motion animation;
- innovative media interfaces and/or interactions driven by gestural, thought-controlled and other unconventional inputs (e.g. multi or single user experiences enabled by LEAP Motion, Kinect, MYO, custom sensors, etc);
- “DIY Maker” experiences, technologies and toys, robotics, creative circuits, 3D printing / modeling, Internet of Things applications, open source DIY fabrication etc encouraging creation, invention and remixing etc;
- activities related to web and digital literacy, “creative coding”, videogame making; (e.g. SCRATCH, Mozillas Hackasaurus, Processing, Arduino etc);
- augmented reality;
- mobile apps (iOS).
- _ The above are listed only as examples and are not intended to be restrictive format criteria._
For more information or to submit, please visit the TIFF-Kids-digiPlaySpace-Submissions-Page.
Thank you SO MUCH for any help sharing this!
If you would like to help spread the word on Twitter, or if you know of a blog or media outlet that would help share this, my contact info is below and for your consideration:
#TIFFKids digiPlaySpace seeking interactive art, videogames & more! Full details on Submissions page ow.ly/21D0HI @TIFF_NET
Images that can be used for blog thumbnails etc are-here.
Video highlights from last year are available, the embed code is
Full info is on the Submissions page: http://tiff.net/tiffkids/festival/dpssubmissions
Curator, TIFF Kids digiPlaySpace
Programmer, TIFF Kids International Film Festival
npagee [at] tiff.net