Cairo.h not found error

Hi all, first post in the OF forum :slight_smile:

After running the install dependencies script for ubuntu, I am running into an error with cairo.h while compiling the example in computer vision folder. Other examples compiled well.

I first tried on this release:
of_v0.11.2_linux64gcc6_release

and I tried again with the newest nightly build version:
V20220705 Linux64gcc6

I am attaching screenshots for the beginning of the error message. Before it’s saying cairo.h is not found, it’s complaining about “No package ‘harfbuzz’ found”. How may I resolve this?

many thanks,
onebigear

full command line record:

sudo make
Compiling OF library for Release
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project'
Done!
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project'

Compiling opencvExample for Release
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/examples/computer_vision/opencvExample'
Package harfbuzz was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `harfbuzz.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'harfbuzz' found
Compiling /home/onebigear/Documents/OF/examples/computer_vision/opencvExample/src/ofApp.cpp
g++ -c -O3 -DNDEBUG -Wall -Werror=return-type -DGCC_HAS_REGEX -std=c++17 -DOF_USING_MPG123 -Wall -Werror=return-type -DGCC_HAS_REGEX -std=c++17 -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/fmod/include -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/glm/include -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/glm/include/glm -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/glm/include/glm/gtc -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/glm/include/glm/gtx -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/glm/include/glm/simd -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/glm/include/glm/detail -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/glm/include/glm/ext -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/json/include -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/kiss/include -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/pugixml/include -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/tess2/include -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/utf8/include -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/utf8/include/utf8 -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/graphics -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/app -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/sound -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/utils -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/communication -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/types -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/events -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/gl -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/video -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/3d -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/math -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/examples/computer_vision/opencvExample/src -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/addons/ofxOpenCv/src -I/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/addons/ofxOpenCv/libs -MMD -MP -MF obj/linux64/Release/src/ofApp.d -MT obj/linux64/Release/src/ofApp.o -o obj/linux64/Release/src/ofApp.o -c /home/onebigear/Documents/OF/examples/computer_vision/opencvExample/src/ofApp.cpp
In file included from /home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/ofMain.h:65,
                 from /home/onebigear/Documents/OF/examples/computer_vision/opencvExample/src/ofApp.h:3,
                 from /home/onebigear/Documents/OF/examples/computer_vision/opencvExample/src/ofApp.cpp:1:
/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofCairoRenderer.h:4:10: fatal error: cairo.h: No such file or directory
    4 | #include "cairo.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:217: obj/linux64/Release/src/ofApp.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/examples/computer_vision/opencvExample'
make: *** [/home/onebigear/Documents/OF/libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/makefileCommon/compile.project.mk:129: Release] Error 2