We at Engage are looking to expand our team! We are
seeking a permanent mid-level interactive developer and we are also offering a
6 month contract for a junior position as an interactive developer /
Engage are a collection of techies, developers, managers and creatives who create brand engagement by designing communication experiences that employ technology and interactivity to enlighten and entertain.
See some of our work at
Alongside all the bog-standard professional programming skills we expect you to have (see list at the end of this!) you will need to be comfortable with working alongside these kinds of people:
• Project Managers and their burdens of cost and time and quality
• Developers and Coders and their working hours
• Technical & AV Engineers and their terminology
• Designers and their physically incredible ideas
• Clients and their completely reasonable demands
Engage is evolving and we need quick witted people on board. We find that attitude is as important as experience; we like people with a can-do approach!
It doesn’t matter what your background is; you can come from gaming, product engineering, events organisation, software management, audio-visual installs, fabrication of exhibits, even architecture! If you’re incredibly organised and can communicate up and down the food chain, deal with pitches to installs and still smile that’s all valid.
In fact; if you can bring other skills with you then that would be superb – for instance: CAD design, graphic design, database management, animating, visualisation, PPT/Keynote, presentation, web design, woodwork, metalwork, Arabic speaking, proof reading, contract writing, sandwich making and badminton.
So if you are mature and experienced or young and hungry and want a new challenge we want to hear from you.
MANAGING WHAT EXACTLY?
The type of projects we want you to successfully deliver
– usually more than one at a time are:
• Multitouch interactive tables/walls with dynamic content and custom UI
frontend and integrated environmental controls. LOTS & LOTS OF THIS!
• 360 degree holographic travelling units with gesture controlled content.
• Interactive table applications, 270 degree 4D theatre content viewer running 16K content, Business digital workspace environment with ipad integration, full hardware control system via ipad, RFID RSS feed multitouch viewer
• Immersive experiences that enthral crowds at major events to evoke
brand-related stimuli through personalised interactions using sensations,
feelings, cognitions, and behavioural responses.
• Interactive iPad eBrochures to explore a new luxury vehicle using the car as triggers to layered content and AR experiences.
• Green screen studios for a major broadcast company that gives a unique learning experience for schools to make their very own television report on subjects they’re studying at school.
• Loads of other cool and interesting and demanding stuff with hardware and software and AV and design and all that.
And the list grows every day. A lot comes through our
door on a daily basis, and we are looking for people with the experience and the willingness to try to help us achieve things that we’ve not done before.
YOU – THE DETAILS:
You should be a self-motivated and organised developer who brings an attention to detail and who can see a project though to the end.
Qualities we are looking for:
• A strong problem solver, strong team worker
• Comfortable with getting stuck into code/ different programming languages
• Enthusiastic about user experience, UI design
• Someone who will see a project through to the end
• Enabling creativity within the restrictions of budget and schedule
The languages we work with:
• C++ / OpenGL – mostly
• Objective-C / iOS – mostly for mobile
• C# – project specific
• PHP / SQL – where needed for server side
• Java / Android – rarely
• ActionScript – rarely
The OS platforms we deploy to:
• Windows – mostly
• Linux – some
• Mac OS – rarely
• iOS – mostly
• Android – rarely
WHY WORK FOR ENGAGE?
• Great salary with up to a 20% annual bonus based on personal KPIs and company targets
• 25 days holiday
• Friendly working environment
• Diverse projects to deliver
• Lively pace of work
• Office studio in East London
• Coffee machine – a proper one
• A fruit bowl, and Beers on Wednesday
How to apply:
Please email some samples of relevant work you are proud
of (e.g. interactive experiences, screen-based UI/multitouch apps, iOS apps), and a CV to HR@engageproduction.com